Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN is your Vehicle Identification Number. When a VIN is assigned to your file, it means that your car has been manufactured and allotted to your Order number. So, it's a confirmation that things are moving in the right direction.
Sam, sorry - that was a joke because it's been so long in the tooth to get to this point. If I've been here for THIS long, I better bloody well know what a VIN is. 🤣

Reactions: Caines and SamGr
Picked up the car in Montreal. There were at least 4 others being delivered. Some minor issues which we logged.

Most annoying thing is the doors - the auto close simply doesn’t work compared to the older models, and you basically have to slam the doors :(
There seems to be a lot of reports of issues with the falcon doors. Really making me reconsider if I want to go from an S to an X

Picked up the car in Montreal. There were at least 4 others being delivered. Some minor issues which we logged.

Most annoying thing is the doors - the auto close simply doesn’t work compared to the older models, and you basically have to slam the doors :(
Thats weird, mine actually works better than my previous one. The 2 front doors open and close really smoothly both manually and auto. Some cars must be shipped and delivered without door calibration done.

Quick question for guys who already received their new model x or picking up soon. Whats your deductible for insuring new model x ? i reached out to my current insurance company and they said the min deductible on collision or comprehensive i can get on this type of car is 5000 and nothing less even though the overall premium seems to be ok for me. I am only paying 300 and 500 deductible for my model 3. this seems extremely high and wondering if any of you got a better deal?

i thought of creating a new thread on this topic but i thought posting here might makes more sense as insurance is part of delivery process and it would be helpful for new owners as well.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Quick question for guys who already received their new model x or picking up soon. Whats your deductible for insuring new model x ? i reached out to my current insurance company and they said the min deductible on collision or comprehensive i can get on this type of car is 5000 and nothing less even though the overall premium seems to be ok for me. I am only paying 300 and 500 deductible for my model 3. this seems extremely high and wondering if any of you got a better deal?

i thought of creating a new thread on this topic but i thought posting here might makes more sense as insurance is part of delivery process and it would be helpful for new owners as well.

I got mine insured via TD . 500 deductible and I think the monthly premium was like 110 a month. I didn’t bother shopping it. I have a few other cars insured so I’m sure there are some discounts included.

great news. Congratulations :) Did you get the vin? Check on your order page there should be MVPA.
So, I've been quasi-VINned - I asked my SA about it and got a VIN 7SAXCBE51NF346XXX but it's not on my account page as I'm awaiting to hear back on the trade-in quote.

I'm going to delve into the insurance realm this weekend. I've had a higher deductible for a long time but not THAT high at $5K.

So, I've been quasi-VINned - I asked my SA about it and got a VIN 7SAXCBE51NF346XXX but it's not on my account page as I'm awaiting to hear back on the trade-in quote.

I'm going to delve into the insurance realm this weekend. I've had a higher deductible for a long time but not THAT high at $5K.
yeah my insurance company said they cannot provide less than that even though i have my others cars and home insurance with them. Thanks to crash1977mtl i am going to call TD now to get a quote. Congrats on getting your VIN.

For my 22 Model S I was told $2000 minimums deductible.

Wel

Well people are asking for the issues. So we mention the issues. In all fairness, I can live with all the problems of the cars.
In the main thread & in YouTube reviews it just seems to be a common delivery issue are the falcon wing doors - seems to be fairly regular occurrence in comments. I picked up a 22 Model S at the beginning of the year to hedge the luxury tax and I really enjoy it so I'm just wrestling between the X or keeping the S. My S doesn't have any issues so just nervous to trade it in for an X and then to have issues. My X is supposed to come July/August so I need to decide sooner than later

In the main thread & in YouTube reviews it just seems to be a common delivery issue are the falcon wing doors - seems to be fairly regular occurrence in comments. I picked up a 22 Model S at the beginning of the year to hedge the luxury tax and I really enjoy it so I'm just wrestling between the X or keeping the S. My S doesn't have any issues so just nervous to trade it in for an X and then to have issues. My X is supposed to come July/August so I need to decide sooner than later

Don’t do it then, leave the X for someone else.

Desjardin told me my minimum I would be able to get is $2000 deductible with a monthly premium of $176 I am currently paying $300 & $500 for my genesis g80 deductible and $205 a month for the premium.

Reactions: stanley7175