Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up calling Tesla this afternoon to find out who my SA is? As well as any update on delivery. She confirmed to me that I have a vin on file and she said the vehicle has already been made. They haven’t released the vin to me yet because it’s going through quality control. So In case they do find something inadequate about the vehicle they will just give me the next vin in line that matches my build. She said once the vin shows up on my end that means the car has passed QC and already on its way. (Taking this with a grain of salt) she said she isn’t willing to provide me said vin on my account for that very reason.

She also stated for some odd reason I was never assigned a service advisor. So she will reach out to Vaughn for them to rectify that so they can reach out to me directly.

I also asked about the key fobs not being included. She said she believes that my car will come with it. But she will put on my file for Vaughn to see that key fobs are required at delivery due to my job not allowing phones on site and they are usually left in the car.
She said they will either try to provide me with the fobs or a store credit to order one. (Also taking this with a grain of salt)

But she believes unless some unfortunate events happen I should get the car by end of July. She also claimed that model S & X. Get a more hands one personal delivery experience compared to model 3s and Ys. Is this true?

I ended up calling Tesla this afternoon to find out who my SA is? As well as any update on delivery. She confirmed to me that I have a vin on file and she said the vehicle has already been made. They haven’t released the vin to me yet because it’s going through quality control. So In case they do find something inadequate about the vehicle they will just give me the next vin in line that matches my build. She said once the vin shows up on my end that means the car has passed QC and already on its way. (Taking this with a grain of salt) she said she isn’t willing to provide me said vin on my account for that very reason.

She also stated for some odd reason I was never assigned a service advisor. So she will reach out to Vaughn for them to rectify that so they can reach out to me directly.

I also asked about the key fobs not being included. She said she believes that my car will come with it. But she will put on my file for Vaughn to see that key fobs are required at delivery due to my job not allowing phones on site and they are usually left in the car.
She said they will either try to provide me with the fobs or a store credit to order one. (Also taking this with a grain of salt)

But she believes unless some unfortunate events happen I should get the car by end of July. She also claimed that model S & X. Get a more hands one personal delivery experience compared to model 3s and Ys. Is this true?
Starting to seem more real that it's actually happening.

Not surprising. I had to email my Sales Advisor to get my VIN. There's been a number of times that VIN assignment has changed for others - didn't experience that myself. I never had contact from a service advisor prior to delivery, which was supposed to happen a day or 2 before delivery. Showed up, was given an SA at random I believe. Definitely more attention to the customer for the S/X than the 3/Y - more willing to show/setup things. You're also given time to look over the vehicle moreso than the 3/Y.

Yes it’s true. S and X gets a somewhat dedicated help at the lot. 3 and Y are DIY deliveries. I took deliveries of a Y and X in the same week. I was at Vaughan also.

~900 for me.
12-21 EDD in Vancouver\Richmond MXLR 6 seat.
on hold now with Tesla to see if they have any firmer ETA as I have a vin, and need a plane ticket!
I've opted out for plane tickets myself. Availability is terrible up island and I ain't paying $400 for a 30 minute flight then wait 8 hours until my scheduled pickup time. Getting dropped off at the ferry and I'll UBER there. lol

Same, I never got any text either, just the thank you e-mail from Tesla.
I finally got my first text message from Tesla Delivery Team today. The SA asked me if I'm flexible with some changes to vehicle configuration in order to have an earlier delivery (My EDD is still Oct 30 - Jan 8). I asked about my choices, (s)he didn't provide any, but just asked about my preference for different colors and whether I'll be fine with taking delivery sometime in July / August. I provided a few exterior color options and was told that my file has been updated with this information and to expect further contact sometime in August.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
My order is MXLR 7-seater and Vaughan, ON delivery centre.

I finally got my first text message from Tesla Delivery Team today. The SA asked me if I'm flexible with some changes to vehicle configuration in order to have an earlier delivery (My EDD is still Oct 30 - Jan 8). I asked about my choices, (s)he didn't provide any, but just asked about my preference for different colors and whether I'll be fine with taking delivery sometime in July / August. I provided a few exterior color options and was told that my file has been updated with this information and to expect further contact sometime in August.
Sounds like they may be getting some order cancellations with the current Canadian batch they're building.

Reactions: SamGr
As long as Vaughn doesn’t mess up and give you my 7 seater.

Did they mention if you would have to pay the cost difference if you switched?

• Funny
Reactions: SamGr
What was your original color?

I've seen my delivery date be bumped from Jan 2023 to July/August when switching from white to blue.