Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but couldn't find any information on the Canadian subforum for insurance on the MXP.

Currently insured thru Intact for $3700 are there any better?

This is with multi-car, house, married, clean driving records.

Just look in your order under "Completed Steps" and "Expand Details". You will see the "Federal Luxury Tax" as a line item, if it applies to your order. It doesn't show up for my '21 order.
Yeah, I see now how they are presenting it differently on new orders. The only thing keeping me from being annoyed with the extra wait is the discount.

I expect I’ll be the only Pre-June ‘21 order on the tracking sheet in short order.

Just look in your order under "Completed Steps" and "Expand Details". You will see the "Federal Luxury Tax" as a line item, if it applies to your order. It doesn't show up for my '21 order.
Hi everyone,

First time posting.

I have a Model X LR black/beige 20 inch wheels no FSD that I ordered in July 21.

EDD is Dec-April 23.

My payment details show that I have to pay the luxury tax.

Reached out to my SA that confirmed that since I did not take delivery in 21, I have to pay it.

Confused ……

Curious what is showing for others that ordered in 21.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

First time posting.

I have a Model X LR black/beige 20 inch wheels no FSD that I ordered in July 21.

EDD is Dec-April 23.

My payment details show that I have to pay the luxury tax.

Reached out to my SA that confirmed that since I did not take delivery in 21, I have to pay it.

Confused ……

Curious what is showing for others that ordered in 21.

Thanks.
Did you edit your order at all? Even a color change in 2022 would probably trigger it

This is the text from the Luxury Tax Notice that the CRA published in August:

“The luxury tax will not apply to the sale of a subject vehicle priced above the price threshold where a purchaser and a vendor have entered into a written agreement for the sale of the subject vehicle before 2022 in the course of the vendor’s business of selling subject vehicles.”

The question is whether an online order with MVPA between Tesla and a buyer constitutes a bona fide written agreement.

From the gov website...

"The luxury tax will not apply to the sale of a subject vehicle priced above the price threshold where a purchaser and a vendor have entered into a written agreement for the sale of the subject vehicle before 2022 in the course of the vendor’s business of selling subject vehicles."

So nothing to worry about if you ordered in 2021. Tesla just needs to correct their site.