Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dropped by Tesla Montreal yesterday and spoke to my SA who saw in her system that my car was arriving mid to end of November. My EDD still shows Dec to April 23.

Based on Posti101 and my news, it sounds like there is at least a shipment of X coming to Canada in November. Fingers crossed…..

On the topic of financing, I often see the Americans able to get better financing rates than through Tesla by using community or other banks.

Anyone in Canada does has not gone through Tesla Financing been able to get a better rate than through Tesla with either a community bank or another bank. Thinking that I want to get my financing in place before the next hike on October 26…..

• Love
Reactions: Tz00
Only interpretation that matters is the CRA. Still waiting for @kamou to see CRA’s written response.
Hi everyone. Just a quick update: called CRA office yesterday where I had sent a letter requesting an interpretation on the fact that I had a pre-2022 MVPA.

They acknowledged that they had received my letter but said that it had not yet been assigned to any officer. Told me that they had a huge backlog. The person on the phone could not provide me with an ETA as to when I would hear back from them.

2. I then asked her if I could request a refund in case a favourable ruling came after I had purchased the car. Her response was that refunds could only be requested by the dealership.

So not sure where this leaves us or whether to try to delay delivery if it comes before the letter……

• Informative
Reactions: duggadugga and Tz00
Hi everyone. Just a quick update: called CRA office yesterday where I had sent a letter requesting an interpretation on the fact that I had a pre-2022 MVPA.

They acknowledged that they had received my letter but said that it had not yet been assigned to any officer. Told me that they had a huge backlog. The person on the phone could not provide me with an ETA as to when I would hear back from them.

2. I then asked her if I could request a refund in case a favourable ruling came after I had purchased the car. Her response was that refunds could only be requested by the dealership.

So not sure where this leaves us or whether to try to delay delivery if it comes before the letter……
I suppose one can always take delivery first and go to small claims court after the fact. Definitely will need the written interpretation of the CRA to win. I should probably send my request in now for my first quarter 2023 delivery.

Nov 07-Dec 19 White on white 6 seater LR 20 inch ordered Aug 2021
changed to December 01-January 12. Any one know the trade in value for a 2019 Red with black interior Performance Model 3 with Full Self Driving ? It comes with 20inch winter tires n rims from Tesla and the stock 20inch summer tires n rims. I was looking to sell it for 75k CAD. It has 20,000km on it as well which is very low. Warranty still valid and no accidents mint condition city driven in Alberta.

Hello, My Long range and Model x was ordered on 31st July 2021. After multiple delays, the app now shows November 12- December 2.
No Vin yet. Anybody else in the same shoes? You get a vin yet Or delivery date ?
LR 7 seater ordered 22nd May 2021, also showing a similar range (Nov 10-Dec 15): no vin.

The waiting room thread has flyover vids that seem to show they are not producing many X, which is a concern. We basically need our cars to be made now to make our dates, or already be in transit.

I have an order from July 2021 and my EDD is still showing Dec-April. My SA had told me last month that her system was indicating mid to end of November delivery but no news so far.
That’s great news! Congrats! Just texted my SA who replied that there were no news for me. It sounds like I will not be in the next shipment but I will keep my fingers crossed….
Best of Luck !

Glad I found this website. Been going back and forth with Tesla and CRA the last few weeks. Tesla has not budged and is still charging the Luxury Tax on pre-orders before 2022. The CRA has said to me twice I should not be charged. Tesla rep said they even called the CRA and said the same thing to him. He escalated it but came back from upper management that we are not exempt from that because they are interpreting in such a way where we do not fall under that exemption. The advice he gave me was to get something official from the CRA that speaks more on what is considered a "written agreement". Somehow we need to get something from the CRA or get the attention of Elon on twitter so he can publicly ask the CRA for example tweeting the CRA twitter account.

Firstly, thanks for your efforts. I am planning to draft something up and send it as well. Was wondering if you received anything back from the CRA yet?