Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Canadians! Show me your Vanity Plates!

CanadianRob

Supporting Member
Mine just came in today!
20210315_151731.jpg

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

CanadianRob

Supporting Member
Sure, sure, keep rubbing it in that you thought of a cool, short, Tesla related plate! :)

See you on the streets fellow Tesla brothering.

Honestly never thought it would be available! Got Lucky! (On a side note, my other car has "SUBSCRIB" for a plate and my YT channels in vinyl across the back)

I really LOVE that Tesla Lettering on the back! I've ordered the same along with the Dual Motor and Performance Line all in Matte Black! :)

Honestly never thought it would be available! Got Lucky! (On a side note, my other car has "SUBSCRIB" for a plate and my YT channels in vinyl across the back)

I really LOVE that Tesla Lettering on the back! I've ordered the same along with the Dual Motor and Performance Line all in Matte Black! :)
Is your plate considered a regular or green plate?

CanadianRob

Supporting Member

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
Wait... In Quebec you can get a Personalized Green Plate? Ontario needs to step up the game!
Agreed, I think the current theory is that you want redundancies to make it easier to identify Green plates so not only is the colour green, which can be difficult to tell at night, but the plate numbering is unique to green vehicles. Kind of like how traffic lights may have different shapes or sizes for different colours.

CanadianRob

Supporting Member
Agreed, I think the current theory is that you want redundancies to make it easier to identify Green plates so not only is the colour green, which can be difficult to tell at night, but the plate numbering is unique to green vehicles. Kind of like how traffic lights may have different shapes or sizes for different colours.
I can see the merit in that. I really don't have a reason to have a green plate other than letting people know it's an EV. There's no HOV lanes here, no EV parking at all the stores around here. Small town stuff. And I don't travel into Toronto unless I absolutely have to.

Part of me still wants a green plate though, just for what it represents.

I'm assuming It's for HOV lanes, some free tolled highways and free/reduced ferry crossing rates.
We were so late to the game when it comes to personalized plates, we just got them like 2 years ago or something. Didn't even know you could get green plates but when I went to order it, the option was available.
Technically I have not yet received the plate so cant be sure even ...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC