Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canberra based Tesla friendly workshops for rego transfer inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is all interstate (unless purchased from a dealer) need to go over the pits. Takes a fair bit of time as they do the usual inspection but you also go into an enclosed bay where they do identification checks on the car to ensure its all legit.

• Disagree
Reactions: raynewman
My understanding is all interstate (unless purchased from a dealer) need to go over the pits. Takes a fair bit of time as they do the usual inspection but you also go into an enclosed bay where they do identification checks on the car to ensure its all legit.
Yes, this is a dealer purchased car, still has to be inspected. There is a good description of the process and a list of workshops that can inspect on ACT Gov website, but I was hoping for one that already had experience with Teslas. Even things like jack/hoist mounting points etc.

I've booked it in for an inspection at the main Hume site, it means I can do stamp duty and rego at same time.

Good idea, at least there they don't have to hoist it. Not too sure many places have too much experience with them. I know of good places for paint protection film and wraps but sadly not many for other stuff, im sure this will change soon.

The jack points are pretty straightforward, I wouldn’t worry about a non-Tesla place messing it up.
I’ve jacked my car myself and swapped all wheels, and have had it on lifts at a few places with no problem.

I took it to the main inspection site in Hume. They identified an issue. So I've taken the car to MIT Automotive in Fyshwick so the issue can be addressed under stat warranty claim. Apparently they've done registration inspections for some Teslas previously.