TLDR Version: Ordered an X90D in red, 7 seats, UW interior, no PUP, 22” onyx. Want to get car this year for tax credit – will it be built in time? Willing to buy inventory car, but doubt inventory car would exist in Q4 push with our exact config. Can’t have perforated seats because of kids – how likely is it that Tesla breaks out the PUP (we would want all PUP features except for ventilated seats)? Have they done this in the past with the S? Willing to wait 6-10 months for 100D, but only willing to pay 10 to 15K for it. If it’s 20K, it would be cost prohibitive, and we would rather buy a 90D now and enjoy the car sooner rather than later. TLBRIA (Too Long But Read It Anyway) Version: We placed an order this weekend for an X90D in red, UW interior, 7 seat, 22 inch onyx wheels, and most of the options except for tow package and high amp charger. This is going to be my wife’s daily driver. My wife loves the car (we had a store test drive and an overnight test drive). Our primary motivation to order now was because of the AP2.0 announcement (to have the newest tech for the longest possible time before something else new comes out) and to try to capitalize on the federal tax credit this year if we can get our car built in time. A few concerns have us thinking if we should hold off until next year and reorder then (we are still in our 7 day cancellation window). I will say that we plan on buying the X either now OR sometime in 2017 no matter what, so it’s really a matter of now vs. wait 6-10 months. We had PUP in there initially, but decided against it since we have an infant and plan on having another child. The perforated seats would be too difficult to keep clean, so we’re nonPUP now. We do wish that that we could get all the other PUP features, just without the perforated seats. Any possibility that Tesla would break out or segment the PUP further? Have they done this in the past on the S? My feeling is no -- the take rate is very high on PUP, so variations on PUP would introduce too many inefficiencies in their assembly line. Elon said that the 100kWh battery is still ramping up and as such, is reserved for their highest margin P100DL. What’s the likelihood we see a 100D next year? I think if the difference to go from 90D to 100D is 10K to 15K, we’d wait for it. A 20K increase though would be cost prohibitive for us. We are due to get confirmed this weekend, and are hoping to go into production and have our car before the end of the year. How realistic is this? The people in the store said it would be very tight. I figure it would be in the Q4 push, so it’s likely either we get our car OR we get offered an inventory car at the end of December. We are not averse to an inventory car, but I just don’t think our particular configuration is very common (red multi coat, 7 seats, UW interior, no PUP, 22 inch onyx wheels). My gut feeling is to go ahead and cancel and re-order next year, and let AP2.0 mature and see what else Elon has in store for us. But I suppose I’m looking for some enablers here to tell me that my concerns are unwarranted and to go for it and enjoy the car now rather than later. Thanks all! We look forward to joining the club soon!