Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel ESA - Success Stories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model S 100D that I'm going to sell soon. Bought the ESA for peace of mind but now I do not need it. Paid close to $5700 (after taxes) just over a month ago. Tesla is making it deliberately hard to cancel anything. The ESA page on Tesla website mentions that I have to reach out to my local SC or use the contact us page. The contact us page just takes me back to the ESA page and is completely useless. The ESA cancellation form itself looks like a relic from the 1990's (poorly scanned copy of a word printout)

The SC has a copy of my cancellation request. I had to create a service request multiple times in order to contact the SC about status updates on the cancellation. The last I heard was that they have uploaded everything on their end to Tesla servers and they do not have any idea on when to expect the cancellation. My $5700 is on the hook here and I have no recourse from Tesla.

My account glovebox does not even mention the ESA agreement

Does anyone have any information on how to escalate this? Should I just request a chargeback from my credit card company?

Imo do everything you can, document it all electronically and if they end up doing nothing in the coming months do a chargeback (check with your cc company how long you have for doing a chargeback).
You will have proof you did everything in your power to get it resolved.

The ESA is transferable to the next owner as it's owned by the VIN and not the driver, so why not increase the price of your Model S based on the prorated ESA for the next owner, as he/she won't be able to get an ESA (only original owner can acquire an ESA through a service center).

It was painful. But I got every penny back.

I sent mail to my service center.

If you don’t that email, have create service call on your phone.

There is a form you have to fill out.

I sent and image of that form.

I got the run around for a bit. But the service center forwarded it to the ESA cancelation team. They never revealed that address.

They are not being evil just very uncoordinated.

Reactions: MLEVU
The ESA is transferable to the next owner as it's owned by the VIN and not the driver, so why not increase the price of your Model S based on the prorated ESA for the next owner, as he/she won't be able to get an ESA (only original owner can acquire an ESA through a service center).
I’m trading it in at carmax. They don’t care about the added value for ESA. Selling privately is too much of a hassle with my schedule.

Reactions: MLEVU
It was painful. But I got every penny back.

I sent mail to my service center.

If you don’t that email, have create service call on your phone.

There is a form you have to fill out.

I sent and image of that form.

I got the run around for a bit. But the service center forwarded it to the ESA cancelation team. They never revealed that address.

They are not being evil just very uncoordinated.
Good to know. I personally submitted the cancellation form at the service center so I don’t have an email trail but I will take a screen shot of the service message chats that state the ESA cancellation form was submitted.

Do you remember how long it took to receive your refund?