Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel HPWC 18 ft, Order 24 ft?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have the 18 ft HPWC on order with an estimated ship date of 1-2 weeks. They are now showing a 24 ft version with no advertised shipping delay.

Should I cancel my current order in hopes of getting the 24 ft model sooner? It's not like I need the extra length, but have an EDD of 9/16-9/30 and would really like this thing in place asap. Thoughts?

Yes, cancel it and get the 24'. Its better, longer, and available today. Even if it doesn't come right away you can always use the UMC or local L2 chargers until you get it installed.
Was trying to find info on cancelation because I couldn't see an option for it on my order. Came across this in the FAQs:

Can I edit or cancel my order?
We try to ship orders as soon as possible. However, if the order is not yet actioned by our distribution center, it may be possible to cancel the order. To verify eligibility for cancellation, please visit the Order History section of your Tesla Account. From there, select the order containing the item you wish to cancel. If the item(s) are eligible for cancellation, the option will be presented beneath the order total. If the order is being processed by our distribution center or has already shipped, but the item is still eligible for return, then the option to initiate a return will be shown instead. If the item(s) are ineligible for cancellation or return, then neither option will be shown.

No cancel/return options for me, so it looks like I may be "stuck" with what I've got.

Was trying to find info on cancelation because I couldn't see an option for it on my order. Came across this in the FAQs:

No cancel/return options for me, so it looks like I may be "stuck" with what I've got.
Call them. If there's no cancel or return option and the item hasn't shipped yet, their text is crap. It should have the option to initiate a return at the very least.

I called today to inquire about switching my 18’ WC order (that has not yet shipped) to the 24’. The answer was that it was possible, however the rep said that the 24‘ WC will also take 2-3 weeks to ship. So I opted to leave my original order for the 18’ (more than sufficient distance for my charging area to park in either direction) in the hope that I will get it ~2 weeks sooner.

I called today to inquire about switching my 18’ WC order (that has not yet shipped) to the 24’. The answer was that it was possible, however the rep said that the 24‘ WC will also take 2-3 weeks to ship. So I opted to leave my original order for the 18’ (more than sufficient distance for my charging area to park in either direction) in the hope that I will get it ~2 weeks sooner.

Weird, I ordered it on the 8th and it's on it's way set to be delivered on the 13th.

I actually emailed the shop support address on how to cancel/reorder since I wasn’t presented with that option on the website. They assured me my order would be fulfilled with the 24 ft. model. Delivery is scheduled for Monday, so will know for sure then.

I actually emailed the shop support address on how to cancel/reorder since I wasn’t presented with that option on the website. They assured me my order would be fulfilled with the 24 ft. model. Delivery is scheduled for Monday, so will know for sure then.
Well, how do I put this? ...... they lied :(

Package arrived, and you guessed it, 18 ft. version was sent.

It's not that big of a deal, and I really don't want to go through the hassle/expense of returning and then waiting for the 24 ft. version to arrive. EDD was just updated to 9/25-9/28 and I really want this thing in place before then anyway.

Good luck to all those waiting on the 24 footer. I'm sure it will be there soon.

Well, how do I put this? ...... they lied :(

Package arrived, and you guessed it, 18 ft. version was sent.

It's not that big of a deal, and I really don't want to go through the hassle/expense of returning and then waiting for the 24 ft. version to arrive. EDD was just updated to 9/25-9/28 and I really want this thing in place before then anyway.

Good luck to all those waiting on the 24 footer. I'm sure it will be there soon.
What expense? You initiate a return and they send you a shipping label to send it back.