Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel location for auto fold mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the latest update I can make the car automaticly fold its mirrors at a certain location.
That great! :)
But, how do I cancel a location again??
I tested it on a certain location and now it folds when I drive by that location and I can't find the option to remove that location from its memory to fold the mirrors :(

Anyone?

I believe you press the "remember this location" again and it will un-remember it. It is next to Unfold Mirrors button.

Can't recall exact wording on the screen.

I know where this location is because it's the same as where you activate the "fold mirrors on this location".
But no, that does not work, it will not give you the option to press it again. Therefor it should turn into blue text and it stays white.

I cancelled my location. I stopped at the location and tapped the X at the end of 'Automatically fold mirrors at this location'. It's the same as for the suspension.

It seems that this function is intended only for entering/leaving a garage because the mirrors unfold within about 10 metres even if you are travelling at less than 50km/h. In other words, you cannot get the car to fold the mirrors when you enter a narrow street and keep them folded while you drive down that street. So I find the function pretty useless.

Reactions: Magnets!
I cancelled my location. I stopped at the location and tapped the X at the end of 'Automatically fold mirrors at this location'. It's the same as for the suspension.

It seems that this function is intended only for entering/leaving a garage because the mirrors unfold within about 10 metres even if you are travelling at less than 50km/h. In other words, you cannot get the car to fold the mirrors when you enter a narrow street and keep them folded while you drive down that street. So I find the function pretty useless.

It is indeed for entering a small garage at home or at work or whatever. Places that you visit often.
So it is pretty usefull for what its meant for in my opinion.

I will try your suggestion when I am back in my car and at that location, thanks!

I know what the problem is!
My language settings are Dutch. The sentence for folding the mirrors at this location is to long in Dutch, so the X at the end to cancel it, is not visible. Thats why I could not cancel it!
I now changed it English, then cancel it, and then back to Dutch!

Problem solved! :)

I know what the problem is!
My language settings are Dutch. The sentence for folding the mirrors at this location is to long in Dutch, so the X at the end to cancel it, is not visible. Thats why I could not cancel it!
I now changed it English, then cancel it, and then back to Dutch!

Problem solved! :)

And how did you change the language?
Same Dutch issue here.

They need an option to location fold after park. I’m backing up and needed the mirrors before parking. I almost curbed my wheels because I couldn’t use my mirrors to see the curb they folded the second I reached my location.

The default behavior is to fold after parking and walking away. What value would it have to fold before you get out, but after parking? I guess if you’re hanging out in the car and there’s very little space for people to walk by?

The default behavior is to fold after parking and walking away. What value would it have to fold before you get out, but after parking? I guess if you’re hanging out in the car and there’s very little space for people to walk by?
Yeah, the only use I can really see for the location auto fold would be a tight garage or parking structure where you have to squeeze past a column or something to park. For most other situations, the regular fold when it locks should work.

I don’t want my mirrors folding and unfolding every time I park. I would prefer to use folding only at certain locations. It’s fine if you’re pulling in forward and they fold. However if you need to back up to tweak your parking unfortunately you have to unfold them to see the curb. So other than pulling in a tight garage it’s not very useful.

Hi Whitmarsh: I am also trying to cancel a previously set mirror-fold location. I originally thought the garage auto open would be a good idea, but watching it operate I changed my mind. Anyway, where exactly are you finding this "tapped the X at the end of...." spot? I can't seem to find that anywhere.... Thanks! Dave

I’m stuck trying to stop location folding mirrors as well. Only available option on model 3 in latest upgrade is to remember location but it only remembers the location to fold the mirrors and wont cancel it Even when you unfold them. Tried removing my profile and it made no difference when inset the profile up again . Getting on my nerves now! help …..

I called customer services. They were wonderful in helping me to solve this issue . They sent me an email so I could send screen shots and figured out that when the folding mirror saved at location button shows blue, you press it to turn it grey. It then stops folding at the location. Phew. Great relief and thank you so much to Tesla customer service rep in spending the time to resolve this undocumented solution.

Reactions: Yomanjm
I’m stuck trying to stop location folding mirrors as well. Only available option on model 3 in latest upgrade is to remember location but it only remembers the location to fold the mirrors and wont cancel it Even when you unfold them. Tried removing my profile and it made no difference when inset the profile up again . Getting on my nerves now! help …..
I wish I never hit that button 😂. thought it would unfold to reverse and be able to use mirrors.

Hi Whitmarsh: I am also trying to cancel a previously set mirror-fold location. I originally thought the garage auto open would be a good idea, but watching it operate I changed my mind. Anyway, where exactly are you finding this "tapped the X at the end of...." spot? I can't seem to find that anywhere.... Thanks! Dave
Sorry for not responding sooner. In the Controls menu, next to the picto of a mirror, there is the text Always Fold Mirrors at this location. If you have done that, the text changes to Autofold set at this location. To the right of that, there is an X. Tap that and the setting is removed.