Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel location for auto fold mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for not responding sooner. In the Controls menu, next to the picto of a mirror, there is the text Always Fold Mirrors at this location. If you have done that, the text changes to Autofold set at this location. To the right of that, there is an X. Tap that and the setting is removed.
OK, I know I qualify as a partial idiot, but where is the X ?

Attachments

• 20220728_113247.jpg
    20220728_113247.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 173
Sorry for not responding sooner. In the Controls menu, next to the picto of a mirror, there is the text Always Fold Mirrors at this location. If you have done that, the text changes to Autofold set at this location. To the right of that, there is an X. Tap that and the setting is removed.
I think I misled you - I told you how it was done in an older X or S. In 3 and Y, if you fold the mirrors from the Controls screen, "Save location" pops up below the button; tap that. To cancel it, tap Fold mirrors when you get to the location; "Saved Location" appears; tap that.

Since the latest update I can make the car automaticly fold its mirrors at a certain location.
That great! :)
But, how do I cancel a location again??
I tested it on a certain location and now it folds when I drive by that location and I can't find the option to remove that location from its memory to fold the mirrors :(

Anyone?

The option to “save location” (or to deselect the same button) only seems to appear after clicking on the fold mirrors button. So to clear a remembered location: stop at that location, click the fold mirror button (if the mirrors folded, you may need to press twice to unfold then fold). The “save location” button should then appear just below the “fold mirrors” button. If your current location is saved, the “save location” button should already be highlighted blue. You can now click it to un-highlight it.

Not the best user interface. Took awhile to find that.