Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel LR MS+ Order & Wait for Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh... have you ever seen the acronym PTO ? This was not a vacation week. It was a last-minute decision that took away 1 week's pay.

PTO, you mean, paid time off? So it did not take away one week's pay at all.

In addition, a huge majority of us had little desire to use PTO time during the holidays this year, since we're all trapped like an M3 in a Service Center.

"a huge majority of us" does give the impression that you were directly impacted by Tesla's decision, and thus that you work for them.

Regardless, Tesla does not, and should not, schedule needed maintenance/upgrades around the time that would be most beneficial to the employees' time off. They're a major car corporation that makes decisions based on their scheduling. Tacking on time to an already down period of the S/X line makes the most sense, as it allows only one set up stop/start up operations for the line rather than two.

I could care less about the senate elections. I'll be fine regardless of which group of morons is in power.

Perhaps I mis-read, but your post came across as very "how dare they force you to take PTO when they are closing down an assembly line". If that was not the intended message, my apologies.
No worries - no apology necessary. If they close down an assembly line, I'm hoping they give employees the option to use PTO if the employee wants to. But if they want to save it like the rest of us... am hoping they can.

PTO, you mean, paid time off? So it did not take away one week's pay at all.

"a huge majority of us" does give the impression that you were directly impacted by Tesla's decision, and thus that you work for them.

Regardless, Tesla does not, and should not, schedule needed maintenance/upgrades around the time that would be most beneficial to the employees' time off. They're a major car corporation that makes decisions based on their scheduling. Tacking on time to an already down period of the S/X line makes the most sense, as it allows only one set up stop/start up operations for the line rather than two.

Hmmm... to clarify one more time... I do not care if we are talking about the Tesla assembly line... the iPhone assembly line... the Kitchenaid dishwasher assembly line...

Assembly line closures are absolutely a planned phenomenon and part of any manufacturing entity. I own plenty of AAPL, so I hope they shut down the lines when they need to.

The TSLA closure had not been in the cards as part of a continuing maintenance/upgrade schedule. It was announced at the last minute. My friend who works there concurred this was the case - and though he never had coffee with Elon to confirm this - he had his strong suspicions as to why they were closing down when they did.

I'm not sure how Elon has become "holy" in your world - but you wouldn't catch me hanging out in his church. The pews would probably be misaligned and the HVAC would go out, making us all sweat like pigs at a luau. Aloha !

• Disagree
Reactions: LN1_Casey