Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel my Tesla Y LR RWD order due to price drop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie to this forum here. I have an order for Model Y LR RWD w/FSD placed about 11 months ago. Given the expected price drop, should I cancel my order? The order status is currently "Prepare for Delivery", which seems to be earlier than the rumored year end delivery.

Newbie to this forum here. I have an order for Model Y LR RWD w/FSD placed about 11 months ago. Given the expected price drop, should I cancel my order? The order status is currently "Prepare for Delivery", which seems to be earlier than the rumored year end delivery.

Did you miss the discussion today that Tesla have just recommitted to RWD Model Y?

Of course if you want the extra acceleration and grip of AWD, the price drop makes it more interesting.

I would run a new configuration to make sure nothing else has changed. Remember FSD went up by $1k, which would still mean you will save money but I'm not sure if wheels, paint, or anything else might have changed for you.
From past price drops, they will honor the new price or a new config...but it would be a recalculated price on the total vehicle (so in my example the $1k FSD uncharge would apply).