Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel Pre-Order & Reorder with Referral Code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent July 2020 price drop, it now costs less than my reservation $ a year ago.

I am wondering does it make sense to order now with a referral code as opposed to update the existing reservation.

I guess it depends on how good your credit card rewards are for the $2500 you can use on the old down payment.

They'll refund check if you tell them you don't have card anymore.. (I got a few back on M3 reservations LR->MR->SR)

and OP here's mine if you need it. Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $250 Cash Award ...You're lucky compared to those that delivered more than a week ago. Don't pass up the chance.

I ordered a MY last week after taking a test drive. When I returned from my test drive the advisor at the design center suggested I just place the order online. They probably want to limit contact with customers. I ordered it not realizing I needed to use a referral link that a friend provided to me to place the order. I just did an online chat and was directed to the rules of the program stating that the referral link must be used. Has anyone had success in getting the free 1,000 SC miles without ordering through the link? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: saltsman
I ordered a MY last week after taking a test drive. When I returned from my test drive the advisor at the design center suggested I just place the order online. They probably want to limit contact with customers. I ordered it not realizing I needed to use a referral link that a friend provided to me to place the order. I just did an online chat and was directed to the rules of the program stating that the referral link must be used. Has anyone had success in getting the free 1,000 SC miles without ordering through the link? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I don't think it's possible... I'm not actually even sure if sales advisors have access to putting that info in any more. Honestly I think paying for 1,000 miles from supercharging is going to be cheaper than if you cancel and lose the $100 order fee and reorder. It sucks for your friend, but take them out to lunch or something and treat once you get your car.

This is confusing, all depends on the numbers. I think the default rate for SC usage is $0.28/kWh

1000 SC miles for a MY with 316 mile range and 74kWh battery equates to 235 kWh. So that has a value of 235 x $0.28 = $65.80 for each person.

Yet on my account page I was credited with 400 kWh, a big difference. So that credit of 400 kWh is worth 400 x $0.28 = $112 to you and $112 to your friend,

Confusing, and I assume that I did the math correctly. But I do know that I was credited with 400 kWh and so was the other person I referred.

This is confusing, all depends on the numbers. I think the default rate for SC usage is $0.28/kWh

1000 SC miles for a MY with 316 mile range and 74kWh battery equates to 235 kWh. So that has a value of 235 x $0.28 = $65.80 for each person.

Yet on my account page I was credited with 400 kWh, a big difference. So that credit of 400 kWh is worth 400 x $0.28 = $112 to you and $112 to your friend,

Confusing, and I assume that I did the math correctly. But I do know that I was credited with 400 kWh and so was the other person I referred.

and to make matters more complex in AZ (and some others(
we pay by time. but kwh if SC credits

$5.46
Power Tier 1 13 min @ $0.14/min $1.82
Power Tier 2 13 min @ $0.28/min $3.64
Tax included $0.43
Status Success

or

$0.00
Credit balance 1482 kWh
Energy 6 kWh
Credit remaining 1476 kWh