Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel Tesla Download/ Pending to Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

an32230

Dec 21, 2022
USA
My Tesla was doing something weird and I did a soft reset and it was still lagging and ended up having to do a second soft reset. Well during my second soft reset startup it wiped all my settings and pretty much factory reset everything. I'm currently on the beta prior to the holiday update.

When I connected my phone back to the car it started restoring all my settings from the cloud which includes my wifi password. Blam it started downloading the holiday update (non beta). I went back into the beta screen and selected all toggles back on and everything. But I can't stop the downloading of the non beta holiday update. Tried restarting it again no dice.

I don't want to lose the beta software and have to deal with waiting for that again. (Yes I know V11 is coming and it shouldn't matter) but still we don't know.

Right now that wrong update is sitting in ready to install. Is there anyway to just clear the wrong update out and I will wait for the FSD beta holiday update? (Service Mode reinstall update? Would that work since I've re-enabled beta toggles?)

Update: Waited on hold for 50 minutes for Tesla tech support to refer me to another department via open a service request via the app.

Perhaps do a firmware reinstallation from the Service Menu?
Where is that option in the service menu? I've only seen reinstall software. But I think that uses a previously downloaded file to reinstall?
photo_2022-12-10_21-24-32.jpg

Freaking awesome. It worked perfectly. I had it reinstall the the current version, it detected there was no valid updates and didn't attempt to install anything further. Thanks everyone!!!!!

Crisis averted. Thanks again!!

Reactions: TresLA
I found that reinstalling is also a great way to get rid of the upgrade nag (also turn off wifi so it doesn't redownload overnight), say if you don't want features removed and don't intend to let it update again for a while.

I found that reinstalling is also a great way to get rid of the upgrade nag (also turn off wifi so it doesn't redownload overnight), say if you don't want features removed and don't intend to let it update again for a while.
Good to know. Might come in handy if the AP nerf update somehow slips past the LTE only connection and ends up nagging me to update somehow.