Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel turn on FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD beta often changes lanes in stange ways. It will change to a slower lane. It will change to the left lane when it is close to a right turn (and vice versa).

Is there a way to override an imminent lane change when it signals that it is going to change lanes?

FSD beta often changes lanes in stange ways. It will change to a slower lane. It will change to the left lane when it is close to a right turn (and vice versa).

Is there a way to override an imminent lane change when it signals that it is going to change lanes?

You can take over manually:

1. Click on the screen to cancel your current routing. It will now work as if it's on Autopilot without Navigation on Autopilot on city streets.

2. Overtorque to turn off the Autosteer (your TACC is still active).

3. Turn off both Autosteer and TACC by tapping on the brake (or push up the gear stalk on Model 3/Y).

That's lots of work after paying $12,000 but that’s how it is with an unfinished product.

Reactions: KerryOH
Upvote 0

pushing the turn signal stalk in the opposite direction will cancel the lane change. i.e. if its changing lanes to the left, turn on the right turn signal.

Upvote 0
Are the Navigate on Autopilot settings now gone? The last I used FSD beta was 10.9, and it was there I believe (how fast lane changes happen / whether they require confirmation or not / Lane change notification style (vibrate or tone) )

I always controlled my lane changes on FSD beta, as I hardly ever agreed with the car's decisions..

Upvote 0
Are the Navigate on Autopilot settings now gone? The last I used FSD beta was 10.9, and it was there I believe (how fast lane changes happen / whether they require confirmation or not / Lane change notification style (vibrate or tone) )

I always controlled my lane changes on FSD beta, as I hardly ever agreed with the car's decisions..
NoA settings are still there, and used when on AP or NoA (on freeways and highways). While on city streets, FSD Beta takes over and has only 1 setting - how assertive it is.

Reactions: jakimo
Upvote 0
The settings the @jakimo mentions are still there and work in FSD - for some lane changes ;)
It will stop FSDb from changing lanes to overtake for instance.
However, for most of the other annoying things it does prevent them.
Usually its fails when FSDb thinks it needs to change lanes to follow the route or some other odd reason not apparent to mere humans.
It usually is consistent where it will do it, so just before I will cancel navigation which seems to work 90% of the time.
Then I re-engage nav after the trouble spot has passed.

Upvote 0
The settings the @jakimo mentions are still there and work in FSD - for some lane changes ;)
It will stop FSDb from changing lanes to overtake for instance.
However, for most of the other annoying things it does prevent them.
Usually its fails when FSDb thinks it needs to change lanes to follow the route or some other odd reason not apparent to mere humans.
It usually is consistent where it will do it, so just before I will cancel navigation which seems to work 90% of the time.
Then I re-engage nav after the trouble spot has passed.
It ONLY works in the NoA Stack. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Beta Stack. The OP is asking about the Beta Stack and NOT NoA. When we get 11.x single Stack the option will be removed since it is not part of the Beta.

EDIT: Here are the ONLY user configurable settings for the Beta Stack (older Beta pic).

IMG_0113D.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pushing the turn signal stalk in the opposite direction will cancel the lane change. i.e. if its changing lanes to the left, turn on the right turn signal.

This works most of the time and what I do.
I would say barely "most of the time" - maybe 75%. The worst part is the other 25% of the time it turns on the turn signal the opposite way. There have been times when I switched back and forth from left to right to left several times before it finally stopped. single or double detent doesn't seem to matter. Very annoying so I just don't use FSD anymore (until I get a new release and can check to see if this is addressed).
Also (and I find this curious) cancelling navigation does not prevent it. Even when I don't have a destination set, it sometimes gets confused and signals a turn. I've also seen it signal a turn with a destination and navigation indicating to continue going straight. Basically the car has Dissociative Identity Disorder. I am hopeful the single-stack fixes this. However, even when fixed, until it is true FSD, they really need to add the option to confirm all lane changes and turns or give a reliable way to cancel.

Reactions: mtbwalt
Upvote 0