Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my day 1 Model 3 reservation... and bought an S!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the same thing too of canceling my day 1 reservation of Model 3 and buying S90D instead. In the long run of owning a Model 3, I thought I would probably get buyer's remorse. I love my Model S but I wish it also had the openness of Model 3 with the glass roof extending forward towards the windshield or the airiness of Model X with the windshield extending far back. I like to be able to see through the glass roof without tilting my head up too much and in order to do that, I have my seat tilted back. It creates the compromise however, of not being able to reach the touchscreen without leaning forward.

Congrats! I’m also searching for my S but it needs to have the third row. I have 4 kids and this will be my fun car when I don’t need to take out my school bus (Yukon XL).

You can specify rear-facing seats in the following website. Keep in mind that they are no so big and only for small kids.

EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings

Most people consider this a fun car. Has the + suspension.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H18EFP52482 | Tesla

Thanks everyone!

The only reason I was getting the Model 3 was because it was less expensive and I figured it would in turn be cheaper to own. I have always loved the long 4-door sedans (A7, 7 Series, Avalon, Genesis, Panamera, etc). If I would have gotten the 3, I still would be wanting a Model S. Now with having it I dont even think about the 3 any longer!

I work in sales for Toyota and am trying to convince our GM to install a Level 2 charger. Not sure if its going to happen since we are on the east coast and dont see many plug ins that would justify it. I will say everyone here has loved riding in it! Its the talk of the dealership!

My parents have a Volt but its only charged on 110v for now. I am going to get a HPWC for their house. I think the Volt will be traded in soon too ;)

I need to speak with our new property managers about getting a charger installed here.

I stopped up at Easton Town Center where Tesla has a showroom and parking area but every charger was taken last night.

I only drive 50 miles a day and get some of that back plugging in at work. So its not too bad. I think in 3-4 years Ill trade this one out for an AP1 or maybe an AP2 MS.

I wanted to hold on to the Model 3 reservation and transfer it to my parents because they were very interested, but my contact at Tesla said that I would have to buy it then sell it to them. Which means I would get the tax credit and they would lose it as well as the tax credit for the trade in.

I wanted to hold on to the Model 3 reservation and transfer it to my parents because they were very interested, but my contact at Tesla said that I would have to buy it then sell it to them. Which means I would get the tax credit and they would lose it as well as the tax credit for the trade in.

Buy the car, take the tax credit, loan it to your parents for a year, and then sell it to them. I would not suggest this for anyone other than trusted immediate family members because it could lead to serious conflicts if they decide not to pay you what was agreed on beforehand. But if your parents are reliable and you don't need the cash for a year, it's a way to do it.

Or they could make their own reservation and wait a year for the car.

Same here folks. Somewhat different circumstances. When 3 production was first announced I estimated cost of 3 as I needed it configured (larger battery, premiums package, two motor) would be in the $65K range when all was said and done. Found an S (non CPO) 60D, now configed for 75D with 20K miles form a gentlemen who was leaving the country for central america for $61K all in.

Going full Tesla with Solar PV and a PW2 to be as self sufficient energy as possible going forward. That and the fact that our local utility is at $0.162/ kWh with a set increase of 3.5% per year FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS !

• Love
Reactions: arcus