Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my Model 3 Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had high hopes for it... but no gauges is ridiculous. Pass.

Attachments

• Tesla-Cancellation.jpg
    Tesla-Cancellation.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 196
I had high hopes for it... but no gauges is ridiculous. Pass.
Hey you're just not "with it". It's like the iphone where everyone said "no buttons, pass". But look what happened. Soon all call makers will have non-integrated desktop-PC LCD displays as their single info source. But you won't care, because, taxi-like, the car will be minding all of the functions automatically.

Reactions: Algbc and EV-Bull
Next time you drive, pretend you are in a Model 3 and imagine the digital speedometer is displayed at the upper left of the wide center screen. It works for me, as I can easily see information displayed in the upper left corner of the center display in any vehicle that has one.

Your volkswagen has unlimited range? My current Honda doesn't. Had to fill the darned thing up just today.

Um yeah. I can go anywhere in the U.S. 24/7 and 365 days a year as there are diesel gas stations EVERYWHERE. No need to wait for my car to charge or be worried of running out of a charge and being SOL. I didn't think this was a discussion on Hondas. Thought this was a Model 3 forum-- you know- the car with a battery with a limited range?

Next time you drive, pretend you are in a Model 3 and imagine the digital speedometer is displayed at the upper left of the wide center screen. It works for me, as I can easily see information displayed in the upper left corner of the center display in any vehicle that has one.

Why not skip the imagination and just take an Uber or Lyft. It's pretty much the same driving experience.

What motivates someone ... anyone ... to start a post like this one? Does the writer think we care?
If a purchase is not right for you ... cancel and be on your way. You don't need to persecute those interested in the vehicle.

Sometimes it's good to have exposure to people with a different mindset. Being around copies of yourself (e.g. Tesla Fanboys) is not healthy.

Curious timing why anyone would cancel so close to the final reveal, when all or most of the specs and final configuration will be know. As many have comment and observed, what Tesla is likely going to deliver is largely what was shown in the 1st reveal over a year ago. It remains a compelling car, regardless of whether a portion of the population won't be accepting of the design decisions.

Reactions: cdub and alexeiw123
Um yeah. I can go anywhere in the U.S. 24/7 and 365 days a year as there are diesel gas stations EVERYWHERE. No need to wait for my car to charge or be worried of running out of a charge and being SOL. I didn't think this was a discussion on Hondas. Thought this was a Model 3 forum-- you know- the car with a battery with a limited range?
I can basically go anywhere in Europe 24/7 and 365 days per year. There are Superchargers everywhere, and there's no need to wait for charging, because charging is so fast that the car is sufficiently charged while you eat and take bathroom breaks. And there's no need to worry about needing to fill up fuel when it's really inconvenient, because you start every day with 200+ miles range. It just works, hassle free.

I too enjoy going for long drives in my imaginary Model 3.