Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put the 19in sport wheels on my order and they were switched to the 20in Induction wheels. They grew on my as my exterior color is black. Add in the chrome delete and you get black on black on black. White interior for contrast.
The car will primarily be for my wife and she does go on about how her Infiniti that we'll be replacing has a heated steering wheel. I'll get her someone nice gloves.
I don't see the point in carrying around a gas engine only to be used 10% of the time.

The car will primarily be for my wife and she does go on about how her Infiniti that we'll be replacing has a heated steering wheel. I'll get her someone nice gloves.
she will be able pre-heat the Tesla pretty easily. I would prefer that over the steering wheel, since it's not like I can leave my gas car running in the garage in the middle of winter.

Reactions: Reborn
OP No car can't be all for everyone. Best you understand what you are buying before paying for it and having regrets later. Glad you realized that if you bought you would be coming here to complain about all sorts of things, but then I see you made a point of joining just to post about your pre-complaints anyway. Guess this was your way of trying to convince others to go elsewhere otherwise don't see the point? Personally my husband and I never would have looked at a PHEV and had two systems to power the car and the expenses associated with that. We don't need a gas engine for range and honestly don't want to ever pump gas and do the engine maintenance on one. We're iPhone people and honestly don't miss CarPlay and I always thought I would want that in my next car; and in fact skipped buying a Prius earlier because Toyota refused to add it back then. But we all have different needs and will have to weigh priority of features at time of purchase. Considering your post and issues glad someone who does want the next MY will get theirs sooner.

As for Tesla and what they offer, since they haven't been in the ramp up stage all that long and because demand for their vehicles exceeds production (as you know demand is higher than any other EV out there), they can't afford to slow down production to offer lots of variants. Suspect more optional packages will be available when all their Gigafactories are built and they aren't as constrained. Given the popularity of the cars as designed with the options available, while it might not be everyone's perfect vehicle it sure ticks the boxes of the majority of buyers and has done a lot to promote great family and fun cars with nice range and pollution savings.

Reactions: Dadiggaman
Best of luck to you. You want what you want! For, supporting Tesla goes well beyond the car but the company itself. I agree that competition is good for Tesla and Tesla needs to step up their game in the fit and finish category (if they haven't pivoted already), but which other manufacturer is going to have a Supercharger network available now? I understand the desire for a heated steering wheel in the Windy City, but I'm not sure if this would change my entire choice of car and manufacturer. But, details matter.

For the cost and considering how far Tesla is ahead of the game, along with the Supercharger network, I see a Tesla purchase as a no-brainer. Plus, look at that stock price! This company is gonna be around a while. Things will improve and change from a company who seems far more responsive to customer feedback than almost any other car manufacturer in history.

Same here. The wife initially wanted a 2020 MB GLE. Came in right around 65k. But added to that was maintenance costs, gas etc. I built for future purchase a Model Y, black, with the black wheels and she loved it. Compared to the Benz, the Model Y is a no brainer. You may say, but the size. She rode in a Model 3 this weekend and was shocked by how big and roomy it was compared to what she thought. Naturally she asked about the Y, and was satisfied that it would be 10% larger...

OP
As for Tesla and what they offer, since they haven't been in the ramp up stage all that long and because demand for their vehicles exceeds production (as you know demand is higher than any other EV out there), they can't afford to slow down production to offer lots of variants. Suspect more optional packages will be available when all their Gigafactories are built and they aren't as constrained. Given the popularity of the cars as designed with the options available, while it might not be everyone's perfect vehicle it sure ticks the boxes of the majority of buyers and has done a lot to promote great family and fun cars with nice range and pollution savings.

I echo your sentiments. Just to add to your point. The model 3 outsold every car in Mercedes line up....every last one. And I imagine the Y doing just as well.

I also have this issue with my Leaf:
"4. OTA, or lack thereof. Sometimes screen stops connecting to Android auto, have to unplug and plug back in. Since no firmware updates, just gotta live with it. "

As my phone/carrier is not on the approved combination list (it's a google phone and google fi service Google Fi ). Thus the dealer are not even going to look at it. Thus I would have to swap carriers and phones for them to look at the issue.

For me I have to shut the car down for 2+ minutes before it will reconnect.

-Jason

I test drove a 2019 Leaf. When I told the salesman about the 3 SR MSRP, he said he was going to test drive 3 :) I should have given him my referral to see if he actually follows thru :)

Same here. The wife initially wanted a 2020 MB GLE. Came in right around 65k. But added to that was maintenance costs, gas etc. I built for future purchase a Model Y, black, with the black wheels and she loved it. Compared to the Benz, the Model Y is a no brainer. You may say, but the size. She rode in a Model 3 this weekend and was shocked by how big and roomy it was compared to what she thought. Naturally she asked about the Y, and was satisfied that it would be 10% larger...
I'm looking at GLB vs Y
https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/build/glb/suv/glb250w?options=2:149&category=interior
MSRP$36,600 + 3 row seats at +$900

i currently drive a mercedes e-300 4matic. it was a demo and is missing a lot of safety stuff which only comes on higher priced models. since i know pricing of the GLE, i would guess you also were not looking at a 'fully loaded' one. the tesla makes no apologies for NOT having all the luxury but YES having the most safety equipment.

Reactions: t8ness
i currently drive a mercedes e-300 4matic. it was a demo and is missing a lot of safety stuff which only comes on higher priced models. since i know pricing of the GLE, i would guess you also were not looking at a 'fully loaded' one. the tesla makes no apologies for NOT having all the luxury but YES having the most safety equipment.
I believe the one I was looking at, at our local dealer, had the AMG package and I believe Navi and some other stuff. Honestly If I built one with all the bells and whistles it would clearly be over 75k + tax and license fees. The MY we built 68k including tax and license fees for California.

I'm looking at GLB vs Y
Build Your Own 2020 GLB 250 SUV
MSRP$36,600 + 3 row seats at +$900

I guess it goes without saying you’ll have maintenance fees for the life of the GLB vehicle. I wasn’t necessarily comparing the GLE versus the model y because it is clearly smaller than the benz, but that’s what the wife wanted. Again she thought the model 3 was small like a civic we had some years ago. After she rode in a friends M3, she was pleasantly surprised at how roomy it was. When you add the fact the the MY is 10%, fully loaded with Full-Driving CPU added and bigger wheels for a cost of the GLE, minus maintenance fees, she was sold.

I believe the one I was looking at, at our local dealer, had the AMG package and I believe Navi and some other stuff. Honestly If I built one with all the bells and whistles it would clearly be over 75k + tax and license fees. The MY we built 68k including tax and license fees for California.
i have the amg package on mine too, which is wheels, lowered suspension, and some body bits. the actual AMG full versions are over 100 for both vehicles. don't get me wrong, mine is the exact car they used to promote the e-class sedan, it's gorgeous, quick, and gets 36 MPG on the highway. but their fully loaded prices are too much for me.

Reactions: t8ness