Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceling Cruise Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes pushing up of the lever that you used to turn on cruise control (and autopilot) will cancel it.
Due to the annoying, need confirmation to go through a green stop light, I frequently have to cancel it when I get on a road with lots of lights.
Also cancel it when FSD freaks out about something so I can take back control and solve the "issue".

Reactions: bobby g
Pressing or keeping my foot on the gas pedal to confirm is so innocuous.

FSD's stop sign and green light control is a game changer for sub/urban driving.

Yes pushing up of the lever that you used to turn on cruise control (and autopilot) will cancel it.
Due to the annoying, need confirmation to go through a green stop light, I frequently have to cancel it when I get on a road with lots of lights.
Also cancel it when FSD freaks out about something so I can take back control and solve the "issue".

Just a note... Yes, cancel Autopilot/cruise control by pushing up on the right/gear select lever. Just make sure to push it up and release. If you hold the lever up more than a second or two it will shift you Neutral. FWIW, I have not yet accidentally shifted into Neutral, so I guess it's not overly-sensitive.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Like @mark95476 said, you can simply tap the accelerator with your foot. You can also turn off stoplight detection completely if it’s really bothersome for you.