Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancellation of Tesla Maintenance Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a Model X ordered at the end of March, 2017 with 4 years maintenance plan.
I sent my cancellation form to [email protected] at the end of Feb this year and the only thing I got
was the automated email asking me to check the support page of Tesla web site for the help, which I did but didn't find any helpful information at all, not even a phone number that I can call about the plan.

Is there any option that I can do besides waiting for the remaining balance check to arrive magically?

Thanks for the help.

I suppose that some Teslas will need some form of service, but I have not experienced that problem in nearly 200,000 miles of driving four Teslas. There is no maintenance, and on the off chance something needs to be repaired or replaced, a rarity at best, your SC can handle it. I don't go to the SC, as I can change my own wiper blades and I take my car to a tire shop for new tires or rotations. I also go to a local body shop if someone messes up my car.

I don't think you'll need any type of plan. Tesla's got their cars running fine, nothing goes wrong, there are no oil or filter changes, and anything else is luck of the draw. Most people never need help.

So, yeah, call the SC and tell them you want your money back.

„Most people never need help„

Most People are actually „technically inept“ Rob. We are not a reference. Somebody needs to check their brakes, grease the door-hinges, re-fill the climate-control every two years etc. etc.
Most typical „soccer-moms“ for example, have not got the slightest clue. Plenty of people drive around with re-gen on „low“ requiring normal braking, causing normal wear on the brakes. My old MS’s brakes were still fine after 220‘000km because I spent some time reading in on how EV‘s work. My neighbors Wife however, just drives along, completely clueless, just as she did with her old gas guzzling Volvo SUV... Somebody needs to check on those cars...

It took about 3 weeks for me to get a response. When I did, I got an email apologizing for the wait, and that my case was now opened. I then received a check about 2 weeks later, with no further communication. I was pleasantly surprised to have gotten $2k plus back, and am in year 3 of the service plan for my May 2017 MX, though I’d only utilized the first two visits.

It took about 3 weeks for me to get a response. When I did, I got an email apologizing for the wait, and that my case was now opened. I then received a check about 2 weeks later, with no further communication. I was pleasantly surprised to have gotten $2k plus back, and am in year 3 of the service plan for my May 2017 MX, though I’d only utilized the first two visits.
Did you send to [email protected] too?

I tried calling SC as people suggested, but it's just a loop telling you all the info you can find on the web site and there's no way to get any human picking up the phone unless you know the extension. (I even chose the "Sale" option and it's still the dead end)

Did you send to [email protected] too?

I tried calling SC as people suggested, but it's just a loop telling you all the info you can find on the web site and there's no way to get any human picking up the phone unless you know the extension. (I even chose the "Sale" option and it's still the dead end)

E-mailed [email protected]. I learned that this was the right place to go after reading through another thread here on TMC.