Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled model 3, didn't get an email confirmation...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
I cancelled my model 3 reservation and I am sure others on here have as well. Am I supposed to get some kind of acknowledgement, email etc? When I login to Tesla, it doesn't show up anymore so I know it went through, but then again currently there is no proof it ever existed.

hmmm, I cancelled earlier this week. I'll give them till next week and if I don't get a confirmation email I'll call. I was a first day reservation holder, not sure if that makes a difference.

Yeah, just wait a bit. I cancelled our initial Powerwall order (a decision that I came to regret) and the email and refund took time, but it was no biggie.

It's too late for the OP, but in my opinion, it's worth being very slow to cancel one's Tesla reservation. It's always nice to have options open, as circumstances and preferences change. Unless of course one is hard up for cash or doesn't trust that Tesla will be able to return it on request.

Keep checking your credit card account for the credit.
I canceled my first Model 3 order when I bought my model s.
It showed “Processing Cancellation” for months in MyTesla even though unbeknownst to me the refund had already been issued to my account. (I think within a week)
Then months later I got an email asking me to approve a charge of $1000 to my card on file. (not the card I used for the deposit) to correct a duplicate refund. I went back through my statements and confirmed that the refund was issued twice. I had to call them to have them reverse the credit from the card they originally credited.

I cancelled my model 3 reservation and I am sure others on here have as well. Am I supposed to get some kind of acknowledgement, email etc? When I login to Tesla, it doesn't show up anymore so I know it went through, but then again currently there is no proof it ever existed.
Don't you know Elon has to personally sign-off on all cancellations? Give it some time, the man is busy. :D

I cancelled one of my Model 3 orders (still have one). There was no acknowledgement but a credit appeared on my VISA in a couple of days. I thought it went surprisingly well.