Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled my order today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still strongly suspecting that most of the AP hardware will be eliminated on the $35K car and Tesla will require you to upgrade to a $40K version with PUP to get the AP hardware. They could keep the front radar for emergency collision avoidance and use a cheaper version of the computer that does the EAP heavy lifting. They could put blanks on for all of the cameras and they could eliminate the ultrasonic parking sensors.

I guess it will come down to whether they can offer a subset of the AP hardware that will still do the safety stuff.

I heavily doubt that.

The AP HW isn't all that expensive, even a fraction of 5k EAP conversions would make it worth having there (not to mention FSD ones sometime down the line)- that's without even getting into the large manufacturing and supply chain costs of developing and then adding multiple additional versions of parts and vehicle configs.

Eon Musk needs a COO who can grow the company, not one who grows it out of control and then fires a bunch of people to survive. Without a COO who can stand up to Musk, Tesla will fail. Musk is the best and worst person at Tesla.

Absurd. Of course there are growing pains and lessons to be learned but Elon has gotten the company to where it is now. This "Elon is unpredictable and out of control" mantra being generated by outside interests is ridiculous when you look at the larger picture. The amount of success against unbelievable odds far outweighs any minor hiccups that has arisen from Elon's missteps. Elon is imperfect as all of us human beings are but what he has achieved in spite of his flaws is incredible. All major companies will have issues arise and they do. Every minor issue with Tesla gets national news. There are equally great achievements that go unnoticed. I will avoid making a list of those achievements since people on this forum are probably already aware of them.

And proof of that (and bringing this back to the real topic) is driving my Tesla Model 3, it's a fantastic achievement and, by far, the greatest car I have ever owned. The fact it is quicker than most sports cars, gets better mileage (efficiency) than the best hybrid by double, and is whisper quiet is the reason that EVs and Teslas are the car of the future.

You cancelled your reservation. That is your choice and you have your reasons for doing so. It's too bad you'll miss out in driving one of these great machines. Or maybe you won't if you change your mind again in the future.

Last edited: