Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled my order today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I waited in line on Mar 31st, 2016 for a SR AWD M3. Based on Tesla's production lines going from LR RWD -> LR AWD -> MR RWD -> MR AWD -> SR RWD -> SR AWD, my best estimate is putting me into late 2019 to early 2020 for this car. The fact that as one of the first customers to place an order, I'm going to be the last to receive it does not speak well for putting the customer first. Factor in the lack of tax credits by the time my M3 is produced and the gas savings no longer make it a tax effective option.

The above was my feedback on the cancellation form.

The M3 was supposed to replace my 2013 Subaru Outback, but I'll just keep it until a better option shows up. With that, goodbye and good luck.

-Avi

Based on Tesla's production lines going from LR RWD -> LR AWD -> MR RWD -> MR AWD -> SR RWD -> SR AWD, my best estimate is putting me into late 2019 to early 2020 for this car.
All we know is that the first three are correct, no one has any idea if the other are.

The fact that as one of the first customers to place an order, I'm going to be the last to receive it does not speak well for putting the customer first.
There are thousands of others that also stood in line the first day and placed a reservation who received their vehicles months before anyone else without a reservation - they put all those customers first. You're just upset that what you wanted didn't get made earlier, you're certainly allowed to be, but don't make is seem as if it's horrible customer service - someone had to be first.

Profit is not enough if they produce bare base SR right now. Every single person I know right now only want a bare base SR for 25k after tax credit.

This is why I am completely against Tesla releasing the 35K Model 3 until the back half of 2019.

No one who buys a car for 25K is going to add in $8K worth of software.

Margin gets hit front end and back end.

Yeah, pretty much. They heard tax credit and 35k = 25k. Stayed up till midnight to get on reservation, now all canceled lol. Including me but I just pulled the trigger on a 60k M3 a week ago for the girlfriend...

Need more to this story. Your friends cancelled, you cancelled, but your girlfriend moved forward?

Some daughter somewhere out there has a disapproving dad. :D

No reason to not to cancel if you waiting for SR version, I mean it's only $1000 and you should get it slightly faster than everyone else when it does in fact come out. I think when it does come out production will already be scaled up though. Probably better to invest the $1000 into tesla stock.

Actually I'm surprised the OP waited this long to cancel. Also a bit surprised he wasn't enticed into ordering the MR, since it will essentially be the same price as the SR without the tax incentive.

Even a loaded chevy bolt is about the same as the base MR model3 and I have to say, the MR base M3 is significantly nicer.

Because I waited in line on Mar 31st, 2016 for a SR AWD M3. Based on Tesla's production lines going from LR RWD -> LR AWD -> MR RWD -> MR AWD -> SR RWD -> SR AWD, my best estimate is putting me into late 2019 to early 2020 for this car. The fact that as one of the first customers to place an order, I'm going to be the last to receive it does not speak well for putting the customer first. Factor in the lack of tax credits by the time my M3 is produced and the gas savings no longer make it a tax effective option.

The above was my feedback on the cancellation form.

The M3 was supposed to replace my 2013 Subaru Outback, but I'll just keep it until a better option shows up. With that, goodbye and good luck.

-Avi

If you open up a short position on Tesla today because they abuse their customers, I'm sure you'll get a free SR AWD when it comes along.

darmok.jpg

@wipster

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and P85_DA
No reason to not to cancel if you waiting for SR version, I mean it's only $1000 and you should get it slightly faster than everyone else when it does in fact come out. I think when it does come out production will already be scaled up though. Probably better to invest the $1000 into tesla stock.

Actually I'm surprised the OP waited this long to cancel. Also a bit surprised he wasn't enticed into ordering the MR, since it will essentially be the same price as the SR without the tax incentive.

Even a loaded chevy bolt is about the same as the base MR model3 and I have to say, the MR base M3 is significantly nicer.
Not sure about the stock. I was a TSLA investor around $50 and sold around $150. But not long or short now, as there are lots of other good stocks. I hope the company does survive.

I did consider the MR but since I wanted only AWD, it was not worth the wait anymore. My belief is that with 2 production lines: one producing RWD and another producing AWD, the SR AWD will be the *LAST* option. I have a decent amount of toys in my garage and I was in the market specifically for a cheap alternative to gas, not an expensive option.

So far now, the Subaru Outback stays but I'll keep an eye out for the Tesla Pickup to replace my 07 Dodge Ram. Probably wishful thinking because it will be well over $50K and cannot compete with my $26K tax free price in 2007. It sucks that big oil is here to stay because electric is being overpriced as a novelty item.

Ta ta!

• Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
What about buying a car when you really need one. I do not care if fed credit is gone. When I need one, and hopefully will be available without deposit or other type of commitment, I will go and test drive, and make my decision. What do you think when this option will be available?

Reactions: neroden
What about buying a car when you really need one. I do not care if fed credit is gone. When I need one, and hopefully will be available without deposit or other type of commitment, I will go and test drive, and make my decision. What do you think when this option will be available?

A test drive of a SR model 3?

Optimistic estimate is probably 3-4 months for SR with PUP required, 6-7 months for SR base 35k model.

You'll still need to pay a $2500 deposit when you order one unless you want to wait until there's inventory cars...which is likely months later than that since demand'll be quite high initially.

And all this assumes Tesla doesn't decide to push SR base model out further to build/ship higher profit models out of the US for a while.

Need more to this story. Your friends cancelled, you cancelled, but your girlfriend moved forward?

Some daughter somewhere out there has a disapproving dad. :D

lol Yup, I canceled after a month in. I rather have that thousand in my investment account. This time around she was looking for a new car. She wanted a Macan S, I talked her into a Model 3 cause the site said I can get the car in 4 weeks in time for the incentive. She like how the 10k inventive sound so she give me the ok to order. I still have a long way before I get into a Tesla, after the test drive I really like the Tesla but I’m still in love with my BMW exhaust sound.