Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled my Tesla model 3 long range [July 2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit upset about it but I have some things to think about. Someone please console me thought its def my dream car hahaha jk. I'm currently living at home with my parents. I ordered it out of excitement since Ive been working pretty hard. The delivery delays got to me a bit and then the fact that my delivery date was so soon and I didn't even get a VIN yet! It got me thinking all this time since March that I originally ordered it, if I'm going to move out of my parent's place, I have no idea where I'll charge the car. However, understanding there's public chargers and the fact I can find apartments with chargers, it felt like a lot lol. I think the time I would have to spend out and about charging messed me up a bit. Def wanted a more sure outlook on the future I have. Hopefully one day it'll be a much more clear scenario for me. Congrats on everyone else with their orders and their deliveries!

@jsteez428 you went with your gut and imo you made the right decision 100%! This is a lot of $$ and if it doesn't feel right or you don't have a solid plan for charging etc. then I wouldn't do it either. I'm guessing you're young from what you said and ev technology and infrastructure is only going to get better and more affordable with time especially 5+ years from now. As others have said a house (or condo with charging) is a much better investment than a depreciating car so you would definitely want to do that first. Don't look back, when your situation changes you can always order again :)

A bit upset about it but I have some things to think about. Someone please console me thought its def my dream car hahaha jk. I'm currently living at home with my parents. I ordered it out of excitement since Ive been working pretty hard. The delivery delays got to me a bit and then the fact that my delivery date was so soon and I didn't even get a VIN yet! It got me thinking all this time since March that I originally ordered it, if I'm going to move out of my parent's place, I have no idea where I'll charge the car. However, understanding there's public chargers and the fact I can find apartments with chargers, it felt like a lot lol. I think the time I would have to spend out and about charging messed me up a bit. Def wanted a more sure outlook on the future I have. Hopefully one day it'll be a much more clear scenario for me. Congrats on everyone else with their orders and their deliveries!
Good call. Will see you back soon :)

Others will tell you different but you should only own a Tesla (or any EV) if you have readily available at home charging. Charging in public is okay when you need it but its not something you want to have to schedule into your life every other day.
Workplace or other destination charging that will cover you year round is a close second.

consolations, but you made a good decision.

i had to cancel mine today (3 rwd, bog standard) because of garaging concerns.
I live near a dealer so supercharging would cover me most of the time but I only have on-street parking and i have high school kids who have already scratched my current car a few times, can't be doing body work on a tesla $$$$$$$
Also repair times are a concern - I can't be without a car for a couple of weeks if I get in a fender-bender
Also insurance costs, again, to cover comprehensive is $$$$

I'd say if you don't have at least your own driveway, it's kind of a bad idea to get one of these.

It's too bad, I drive 100 miles a day and would have saved thousands in gas, and Tesla is the only car in my price range that can handle that range easily.

I'll wait 5 years until both the public infrastructure and my personal infrastructure is better, and there are more E cars available.

Reactions: zoomer0056