Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled powerwall 2 months ago - still no refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a powerwall and cancelled. I didn't like their install plans and they couldn't answer any of my technical questions and I just decided it wasn't something I needed.

But - here it is 2 months later and still no refund and no email contact to email anyone about it. Very frustrating. I'm becoming less impressed as my decision to go ahead with Model 3 is still pending.

I suppose I could try calling them on the phone but that's so obsolete. This is the 21st century and they should have email.

I ordered a powerwall and cancelled. I didn't like their install plans and they couldn't answer any of my technical questions and I just decided it wasn't something I needed.

But - here it is 2 months later and still no refund and no email contact to email anyone about it. Very frustrating. I'm becoming less impressed as my decision to go ahead with Model 3 is still pending.

I suppose I could try calling them on the phone but that's so obsolete. This is the 21st century and they should have email.
I think you'll get faster response by phone. A person is more motivated than their AI.

I had canceled via website and it refused to process it for days. So I then called the rep and he got it sorted.

Reactions: bkp_duke

Agree with everything except this sentence. Despite what "younger" generations may think and want, business deals very much depend upon telephone. In fact, my larger business deals I would have never gotten off the ground without face to face communication and telephone calls (and these were 2017 and 2018 deals).

I completely agree that Tesla should be responding to you, but you also are just putting forward a "half effort" by refusing to use the phone. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Reactions: NuShrike
Terrible!!! I cancelled my Powerwall reservation over 5 months ago and after many calls and emails, I have NOT received a single response from any person I have contacted. We have already purchased a Model X, we have a reservation for a Model 3 and still I can't get any person I have spoken with or emailed to give me a single response. The Powerwall 30-day refund policy has been one of the worst customer service experiences we have ever had. On a separate note I am also trying to exchange a product purchased from the Tesla store and have not received a single response from that department either. If anyone has any advice besides contacting Tesla Legal Department, please post for all to see because we are obviously not the only ones experiencing these issues. Thanks