Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled Y Reservation for S. Any disadvantages over MY?

Owner

Dec 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
I don't know how much slower the charging really is when you look at a normal supercharging stop. Besides, other then road trips, will you truly be using the Superchargers that often? with the higher range, I believe you could make more time on a road trip then in the Model Y. Where are all these Youtube creators to test these theories??

Not a Youtuber for Tesla at least... but I did supercharger tests back in the day, they are a lot of work!

Charge-off 90kW vs. 120kW

it is sad that it is hard to find this stuff with google prioritizing newer information so much.

Covidius

Apr 26, 2020
Las Vegas
I believe in-stock S's that still have unlimited supercharging are going to fly off shelves - perhaps as Telsa planned. Whatever one thinks of unlimited charging it does have value, perhaps debatable value but still value. This applies double to the sub 80k ones I am sure they will go fast, before and after purchase....

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC