Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled Y Reservation for S Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't making any comment about the S and the X. Just saying that, as an investment, a car is pretty bad, because you are guaranteed to have a negative return.

Saying that the car is worth more than you owe does not make it a good investment. The car will always be worth less than what you've paid plus what you owe.

You can say it's a good value. You can say it is a better financial deal than leasing. But if the value of the car is always decreasing, you are paying interest on your loan and you can't generate a dollar of revenue from it, a car, by definition and the laws of math, can not be a good investment.
True! You pay for the convenience and joy. However, it does not mean that buying a car is a mistake. Road Trip experience, Saving Time and Convenience, Domain of the things you can potentially do etc. can make a car worth it.

Reactions: Reborn
True! You pay for the convenience and joy. However, it does not mean that buying a car is a mistake. Road Trip experience, Saving Time and Convenience, Domain of the things you can potentially do etc. can make a car worth it.
I never implied that buying a car is a mistake. I buy many things that lose their value as I use them -- nearly everything we buy other than food, consumables and the land underneath our homes fit that description.

I was given a P85D for 13 days when my Y was in the shop and the one thing I loathed was banging my right knee on the lower left corner of the LCD. Once I banged it so hard it almost brought me to tears and I limped for a few days afterwards. I prefer the “landscape” orientation of the 3/Y LCD to the S/X. I bet the refreshed S/X will go “landscape” like the 3/Y.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
I bet the refreshed S/X will go “landscape” like the 3/Y.
I loved the S75 when I had it and love our model X however, after owning the Y I REALLY love the sport ride and the small steering along with the much lower dash. I'm really hoping when the Plaid comes around there will be something inside exciting. I'm also hoping they keep the small 3 steering wheel.

Funny, reading this thread, I am selling my S for a Y for exactly the opposite reasons. The S is more luxurious, but in my mind, not luxurious enough to justify the price. Plus, I can’t bear spending that much to get another S that looks exactly the same as my 2015. Also, Musk has made it clear that the S is a “legacy” car. It won’t see any more updates. It has left his radar. I don’t want to be driving old news to Tesla. So, I’m forging anew by moving on to an MYP. And the Cybertruck is too cringy looking for me, and too far in the future.

It may sound silly, but I drink coffee from my travel mug every day going to work. The MS cupholders in the arm rests require someone with very short forearms (arm hits seat well before my hand can reach the mug) and the afterthought cupholders in the console are way low and a stretch to reach.

May sound silly? Say it isn't so...it's somewhat similar to people here in California selling a 1.5 mil house and advertising that it has ceiling fans in the bedrooms? Really, people will base their purchase of a 1.5 mill house on a couple of 200 dollar Home Depot specials? "Oh honey, this is the house for us; let's buy this one it has fans." Many things in life amuse me.

Well, I finally cancelled my MYP+ order (reserved since Nov '19) since the Long Range S dropped in price by $5k albeit no more unlimited supercharging. I might be shooting myself in the foot here and may regret not having the extra cargo space... But that extra range, air suspension, heated steering wheel, hatchback style are design are too much to pass up. Anyone else here contemplating on making the switch?

I would wait for either a MY with air suspension or the updated Model S.... if I see in your shoes. Model S is over eight years old now and ready for a complete overhaul.