Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelling maintenance plan - Anyone did it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you do that ? /Or think anyone did it ?
Because i was under the impression that I would be able to do a maintenance once per year. It was OK for my year 1 and 2 and now they don't want to do this anymore when I went for the 3rd year and told me I had to do year 4 instead because of the km on the odometer. I have the 8 year plan and right now I do 30k km per year so it doesnt work. And I think that paying 600$ per year to have washer fluid filled is kinda pointless.

I originally called Tesla to cancel my plan. They emailed me a PDF to fill out to cancel it.

After emailing it back, I didn’t hear back from them. Instead, last week (about a month after submitting), I got a random certified mail from Tesla with a check. Nothing else was included in the letter so I didn’t actually know what it was for. I emailed my advisor thinking the check had something to do with my recent purchase but they clarified it.

The annoying part was that it was prorated based on time and not actual service visits.

reviving an old thread.... Dakkor did you end up doing it?

I purchased a car with a 8 year maintenance plan (4K). 2 services have been redeemed and its been a little over 2 years. I figured the same money would be better off in my bank account or an extended service contract. The last service they "chacked" the alignment and barely did anything else.

reviving an old thread.... Dakkor did you end up doing it?

I purchased a car with a 8 year maintenance plan (4K). 2 services have been redeemed and its been a little over 2 years. I figured the same money would be better off in my bank account or an extended service contract. The last service they "chacked" the alignment and barely did anything else.
I did not called yet. I should called since i guess it will be time based. like the previous post said

With the shift away from scheduled maintenance, haven't heard anything official from Tesla about the service plans we purchased for our 2017 S and 2018 X.

A reasonable assumption would be that we would continue to perform the scheduled maintenance following the original mileage/time recommendations, even though that's no longer needed, and then lose the maintenance plan when the vehicle hits 50K miles or 4 years.

What would make more sense would be for Tesla to convert the remainder of the maintenance plans into a service credit, without expiration, which would be applied to future as-needed maintenance.

Has anyone heard from Tesla about the status of maintenance plans under the new as-needed maintenance recommendations?

Seems like a waste of everyone's time to continue to perform the previously scheduled maintenance - on items that don't really need service...

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I’m trying to do it. I love driving a Tesla but hate dealing with Tesla. I want to know what I would get back before I actually request the refund. This is their response after more than a week:

“We are not able to give an estimate on how much of a refund they will receive as this is calculated by our order-ops team.
You will be notified after the request to cancel is made.”

I’m trying to do it. I love driving a Tesla but hate dealing with Tesla. I want to know what I would get back before I actually request the refund. This is their response after more than a week:

“We are not able to give an estimate on how much of a refund they will receive as this is calculated by our order-ops team.
You will be notified after the request to cancel is made.”
Did you call or email? What email adress?