TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cancelling my reservation

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TheMaverick, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 206er

206er Member

I waited in line for hours outside in the cold to reserve a sight unseen $35k Tesla. That was almost 2 years ago, and my $35k Model 3 was just pushed back another year (estimated, could be longer). I assume that many $35k hopefuls will miss out on the full federal tax credit while current owners have 1-2 higher priced 3's with tax credits sitting in their driveways underused (can't understand why most would drive a 3 when you have an S and/or X at your disposal).

• Like x 2
  2. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

Excellent link. Thanks!

3. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

But failed to include "snippiness" in the title. Bad on you, mod. :eek:

4. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Member

#224 ℬête Noire, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    ??? That doesn't seem right. You should still be listed a "Late" this year, even for the SR, right? You would have had had it listed as still a few months away before yesterday.

A rebate of >%10 of the price of the vehicle (which you should be a nigh lock to get) is no kick in the groin.

I fully understand your frustration (I didn't physically wait in line but I put down my $1000 just hours after you and am well back in the queue of you). However it's also important to keep to accuracy to keep perspective, lest you bring yourself down further.

EDIT: Were you referring to a prior estimate for the SR some months back?

That's the opposite of the the general tone of what people with both have been saying on this forum.

5. LCR1

LCR1 Member

Didn't tesla get sued in Germany or something over the base MX fiasco?

6. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I'm really angry
    I stood in line to reserve a car I hadn't seen, with no idea when it would be delivered (other than maybe 2019/2020) or how much it would be with my options.
    Then a bunch of other losers had the audacity to reserve as well and Tesla ended up with many more reservations than they expected.
    Its just not fair - if all you other folks had just stayed at home and not paid $1000 each I might have got my car by now.
    My order is much more important and I want it now, wanting an EV is my idea.
    I just don't have the patience to wait a whole month or two more, my current car is almost four years old and I just can't be seen driving around in something so old

</sarcasm> back to reality

Happy, no, but definitely not cancelling, patiently waiting, I've been budgeting my projected car payment into my deposit so the delay means that by the time the car arrives I'll have enough to pay for the sport wheels.

• Funny x 7
    • Love x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  7. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Member

I do NOT approve. This attitude of yours will not lead to actions & events that get me my car sooner!

• Funny x 7
  8. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

Perhaps, maybe, you are right. But when the Missing E is available to you in 2 years, you might have the opportunity to purchase a car that will be twice the price of a model 3, have less range, no fast charging network, and have to work through all the problems with a new, first production car.....................and I will be driving my model 3 for two years already.

• Like x 1
  9. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I think the impossible needs to happen. I think Elon should become a customer of his own company....only then will I believe he will really understand.

Problem: Elon could never be in need of anything ever again. He has enough money to buy anything he wants.

10. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Fresh Prince

Oh no @Robin.... poor poor impulsive and hasty Robin.... destined to roam the earth in his avatar. My goodness what a mistake. I almost want to hold a spot for you so you don't have to go through the next 4 years convincing yourself you actually like the ICE you will end up buying..... so sad.

• Funny x 3
  11. EXOTIC1

EXOTIC1 Member

it's a great car for 35-40k not so much for 55-60k segment
    IMO

• Like x 1
  12. buttershrimp

Yes... I remember the good ol' days.... I think that's what they are calling the 2019 EV BMW and Mercedes models in Germany nowadays. Porsche Mission E... now with self driving.... ta da!!!!! bean.png

13. buttershrimp

At least this dude's pain seems real... way to sacrifice man... stick with it.

14. buttershrimp

Hello, Robin.... it's me Jesus..... you're making a mistake on cancelling your reservation... I shall pop a window up on your behalf.... oh......... oh..... no..... really? hath you forsaken my divine guidance? Some folks can't get out of their own way.... I mean... Self H. Christ!

• Funny x 5
  15. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

I first test drove an S in Feb 2016. I thought I had a deal for one which fell apart based on a $1,500 difference for my old Lexus.

I was pissed.

I hated Tesla.

I hated the S.

I was never going to give Elon my money.

I would never own a Tesla.

I test drove about 10-15 other cars.

I pouted like a petulant child for 16 months, then I took a deep breath, swallowed my pride and Ordered my S90D sight unseen.

I am sooooo glad that I got over my temper tantrum because this car was worth it....so that is my message to all of you cancelling... I understand your frustration but don’t lose sight of the big picture, it’s worth it in the end.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. jjrad

jjrad Member

Do not cancel! You will be bummed. The waiting sucks- I did it for the S Before I bought the S I drove everything Porsche/ Audi / Benz etc No comparison I love the car - the tech - cool factor - acceleration etc
    Decide once you can configure. Someday Tesla will have real competition and at that time they need to be better but until the They make the rules

17. Timo

Timo Member

Disappointed to read this, I've appreciated your posts here. I wish you fun pursuits in your next vehicle endeavor.

• Like x 1
  18. 206er

206er Member

My very last Seattle day 1 early morning non-owner reservation delivery date for SR was early 2019. This was pushed back from “early 2018”. I don’t recall what my original SR date was, but my first production date was Nov 2017 - Jan 2018.

In hindsight, this latest delay sealed my cancellation, but being somewhat underwhelmed with an owner’s LR Model 3 a few weeks ago after getting to spend 2 hours with it played a big role as well. I didn’t think the car was as amazing as Elon, Franz, and others have built it up to be, and this was the expensive version. It’s a really good car, just not great enough to make me want to try to force our family to wait another year (or longer, if delayed again) for it or a lesser version of it.

19. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

Because Form 8904 (marginal output) and EOR credits are gone. So many essays on oil subsidies point at depreciation as a subsidy since the real ones have been retired as of 2016 or earlier. And if that doesn't work, they claim environment damage as a subsidy.

• Like x 2
  20. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Gotta disagree. For my money, there's nothing under $100k I'd rather have than my Model 3, and I tried reallllllly hard to find something else when I thought I couldn't stand the wait any more.

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1