Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelling my reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm cancelling too, Elon is just a high tech "Madoff"
Unknown.jpg

It’s plain dishonest. No wonder Elon cannot keep staff. Plus the timing, Hey everyone look at the shiny rocket in the sky....while I delay your delivery 3 quarters or more.

Indeed, thanks surfer. Everytime I sometimes forget that visionary inventors, and innovators need someone to hate them too. Thanks for reminding all of us. I mean, I don't know what I'd do without some new TMC person dropping in and dumping on the forum.

Shame on Elon, he's only actually done something with his life as opposed to writing lame posts on a forum. Someone really needs to sit down with Elon and give that guy a real stern talking to. All jokes aside, can the mods please shut these guys down? Starting threads that are just basically to say.... leaving so fed up are just bs.

It's one thing to have a legit gripe, another thing to just come in and dump on the forums up because you can.

really? If this isn't salt in the wound.

Tesla to reveal Model Y production plans in late 2018, says Elon Musk

I’m pretty excited about how we’re designing Model Y. It’s really taking a lot of lessons learned from Model 3 and saying how do we design something to be easy to manufacture instead of how to manufacture or difficult, really.” Elon

I suppose Elon is done with the Model 3.

Did they not say the same about the M3 versus the X?
I understand if you are doing a major change to the build process that its risky but perhaps you should fine-tune what you have at some point first to learn a few things.

Has there ever been another case of any auto maker anywhere in the world only wanting to make their most expensive and profitable versions of a car, and refusing to make the base model?

I understand about Tesla wanting to become profitable, but that's their problem, don't make it an issue for me trying to get my $36K Model 3, base model with white paint.

Has there ever been another case of any auto maker anywhere in the world only wanting to make their most expensive and profitable versions of a car, and refusing to make the base model?

I understand about Tesla wanting to become profitable, but that's their problem, don't make it an issue for me trying to get my $36K Model 3, base model with white paint.
BMW supposedly makes a $35k version of the 3-series. Good luck finding that one on the dealer’s lot.

You do know what Madoff actually did, right? It's a dumb nickname because it's wholly inaccurate.

Wait for the 3 - it'll be worth it. Or get your $1k back and buy a Bolt or something.
Having spent over 2 hours with a 3 a few weeks ago, I will say that it’s a great car. However, it is not worth waiting almost another year for (now my third estimated delivery delay and counting).

I’m feeling extremely fleeced by Elon - guy secured an interest free loan from me (reservation payment) for a car I hadn’t seen before reserving, and just told me that it might be another year before I should receive it. Either he's incompetent at planning and project management, or he knowingly deceived me in order to grab $1k from me. Thank goodness it’s refundable!

My Tesla fanaticism has been suspended indefinitely.