TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Cancelling Order, current options

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by justaddsun, Apr 30, 2015.

1. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Hi there,

I have an order for an 85D to be delivered late May, not yet in production. I currently have a P85+ and still love it; but ordered the D for the usual reasons...

Just looking at all my options: because I still have an awesome car now and am sure there will be plenty of options to get into a D later (inventory, CPO, used, etc), I am thinking of canceling my D order now. If it hasn't gone into production yet, would I still lose my deposit? I don't want to lose my deposit. Could I continue to "get in the back of the line" until an inventory car becomes available? Could I transfer the deposit to a Model X reservation?

I know I could ask my owner advisor, but would like to know your experiences first because what we are told can happen may not be what actually can happen. Thanks.
  2. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

Nov 18, 2014
    I think you can defer your deposit for a future order up to a year or something like that. Look at it this way....even if you lose your deposit it's still far less than the first months depreciation on that D.