Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot answer or end phone calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ron J.

MY LR, Blue-Bk, OD 9/30/21 - Delivered 5/26/22
Nov 20, 2021
Fort Myers, FL
I have a issue with no means to answer or end phone calls via my 2022 Tesla MY's info screen. I can make calls from my contact list or the info display's numeric keypad. However, when receiving a call the only change to the screen is small green phone icon appears at the top center of the screen (as can be seen in the photo below). However no other phone related info appears (i.e., no info on who ic calling and no option to answer the call. Tapping this small phone icon does nothing. Also after making a call from the info screen using either my contract list or entering the phone number this same small phone icon appears but no means is offered on the info screen to end the call. This has been the same issue for perhaps the past 6 weeks and I have had several subsequent firmware updates (currently on 2022.36.5) from Tesla and a few reboots of the info screen. I have this same issue with my Google Pixel 6 pro and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S10 phones. Anyone else seen this issue or have any ideas how to correct?

Tesla-Phone-Call.jpg

Finally got the issue resolved (with inputs from Tesla service tech). If you have the Homelink garage opener installed the incoming phone call info is now (as of a firmware update a few months ago) hidden behind the Homelink menu at the bottom left corner of the screen. You must swipe down on the info bar to reveal the call info. Once you swipe to remove the Homelink menu bar you can still access the Homelink function via an Icon that appears on the top, near center of the screen.