Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot change km to miles on app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change from in to miles in the app? I originally had it on miles and then today opened it up and it says km and I can only tap to switch to percentage.

I have also checked in the car if that has changed and it has not, it is still displaying in miles.

Thank you in advance!

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change from in to miles in the app? I originally had it on miles and then today opened it up and it says km and I can only tap to switch to percentage.

I have also checked in the car if that has changed and it has not, it is still displaying in miles.

Thank you in advance!
I'm pretty sure it follows the setting you have in the car (it does for me). You might want to wait a while to see if it fixes itself, or it might be a bug in the app that gets fixed in the next update.

Upvote 0

Thank you in advance!
I can’t help I’m afraid but I have the same problem on my MS

Upvote 0
Same here. I’ve checked my phone regional settings and they’re set to UK so that’s not the issue. It’s so annoying, my brain doesn’t compute KPH and I hope the next update fixes this.
In my case, changing “regional” settings helped me to see again Km instead of miles. I just switch now from The Netherlands to US and I see miles again. Moving it back to The Netherlands it changed back to Km. So, in my case for sure the “regional” settings on the phone was the way to fix this issue. Maybe you need to restart phone/app after making these changes (was not needed in my case)?

Attachments

• CEB317C8-644B-4736-900B-9F9AD55DE5D4.jpeg
    CEB317C8-644B-4736-900B-9F9AD55DE5D4.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it follows the setting you have in the car (it does for me). You might want to wait a while to see if it fixes itself, or it might be a bug in the app that gets fixed in the next update.
It has nothing to do with the vehicle display settings. The same thing happened to me and many others it seems. It appears that a recent app update (my apps automatically update) has caused this. It looks as if it’s a bug in the updated version that hopefully will be fixed soon

Upvote 0
It has nothing to do with the vehicle display settings. The same thing happened to me and many others it seems. It appears that a recent app update (my apps automatically update) has caused this. It looks as if it’s a bug in the updated version that hopefully will be fixed soon
Yeah my bad, I was relying on memory when I typed that (I went back and checked later).

Upvote 0

Thank you in advance!
I have the exact same problem, phone settings all correct for U.K., car showing in miles 😡

Upvote 0

Thank you in advance!
Yes mine too it’s really pishing me off I am at coffee house charging it snd my heads battered

Upvote 0
Same here. I’ve checked my phone regional settings and they’re set to UK so that’s not the issue. It’s so annoying, my brain doesn’t compute KPH and I hope the next update fixes this.
You need to change your phone settings to English (US) and it will change back to miles - the temprature will however will change to F from C. This is rubbish and not really good enough. Tesla need to sort the settings function out on the App.

Upvote 0
Am having the same issue - app starting showing kms yesterday whereas still on miles in the car (Model3). Tried switching location settings on iPhone on/off, didn’t work. Must be a software glitch..

Upvote 0
Am having the same issue - app starting showing kms yesterday whereas still on miles in the car (Model3). Tried switching location settings on iPhone on/off, didn’t work. Must be a software glitch..
Are you on Android or iOS?

Seems that iOS is 90% resolved but now Android users starting to experience the issue... give it a week or 2 and it will be sorted.

Upvote 0

Thank you in advance!
iOS update in the App Store fixes it. Takes 30 seconds.

Upvote 0