Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot change order while keeping old FSD price

geekflyer

Oct 21, 2020
Palo Alto, CA
Heyho,

I have a white/white LR M3 2021 + FSD at $8k on order.

I just learned today that any change to my order config (was thinking about a color change) will also increase the FSD price to $10k. Even Tesla SAs cannot make any change to my order and keep the $8k FSD price.

Not a big deal for me - I'll just keep it white then, but just wanted to let everyone know.

M3BlueGeorgia

Dec 10, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Once Tesla is ready for you to take delivery, see if they'll let you swap the color, pay extra for that, but keep the FSD price.

But make sure you get it in writing, if they do.

JTaylor360

Nov 15, 2020
Palm Beach
Heyho,

I just learned today that any change to my order config (was thinking about a color change) will also increase the FSD price to $10k. Even Tesla SAs cannot make any change to my order and keep the $8k FSD price.

Not a big deal for me - I'll just keep it white then, but just wanted to let everyone know.

‘Ditto ! I’ve tried as well as my representative with no luck. This isn’t fair! I want to spend an additional $ 1-9 k and they won’t let me keep my $8k price on FSD. I’m surprised they are this money hungry.

M3BlueGeorgia

Dec 10, 2018
Atlanta, GA
‘Ditto ! I’ve tried as well as my representative with no luck. This isn’t fair! I want to spend an additional $ 1-9 k and they won’t let me keep my $8k price on FSD. I’m surprised they are this money hungry.

Wait until near the end of the quarter, about 4 weeks away, when they are moving towards delivery, and work from there.

JTaylor360

Nov 15, 2020
Palm Beach
Heyho,

Update: so my advisor edited my color change order. He added a note saying if the FSD Price changes to $10k then Do Not change order. It worked! I went from white/black to white/white SRP w/FSD I’m so excited. I just wish I had an extra 9K for the LR.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC