Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot disable Lane Departure avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2107 S100D

One or two updates ago, it became impossible to disable the Lane Departure Avoidance chime.

This means that at faster speeds, I get a chime EVERY SINGLE TIME I change lanes, regardless of whether or not I use the turn signal or the autopilot is on and I start the lane change using the turn signal.

I've gone into the settings and made sure everything related to lane changing is OFF. Reboots of the center cluster and the MCU do not help.

As I do a lot of highway driving, this is making me crazy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Dave, good to see you on here =) 'wish we got a chance to fly together ..

After trying to disable it, does your LDW reactivate after a soft or hard reboot? can you actually deselect it, or is it greyed out? I would pose the question to the Scottsdale Sc and see what they can come up with ..

'hope you can find the answer ..

Paula, ( P2315 )

Hi Paula!

I'm embarrassed to say that what I thought was a Tesla lane departure chime was actually coming from my 3rd party dashcam...I had never enabled that dashcam feature, but somehow it got turned on. Probably an app software update did it.

But since I had never activated it, I thought it was the car.

My bad.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So, this has been the case for a while now on 11.4.4. lane departure is off, warnings are off too - the 3 still tries to correct (+ has warning noises) & into the wrong area sometimes! My car will try and correct on a turn sometimes and even attempt to straddle a center yellow line a bit using the edge of pavement as if it was the lane line.
super annoying and potentially unsafe! not cool having the car veer and steer for you when you don't have that feature turned on!