Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot enable Cabin Overheat Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to put the last nail in the coffin of this thread, I finally have COP available in my car. I had a SC appointment on May 29 where they determined the issue (car never being marked as “delivered”), then the following week a 1.5 hour chat session, then yesterday a 30 minute chat session. It was fixed a few hours after that last chat.
It took a little longer than expected to resolve but I received great service the entire way. Thanks Tesla!

Reactions: simpsong00
Just to put the last nail in the coffin of this thread, I finally have COP available in my car. I had a SC appointment on May 29 where they determined the issue (car never being marked as “delivered”), then the following week a 1.5 hour chat session, then yesterday a 30 minute chat session. It was fixed a few hours after that last chat.
It took a little longer than expected to resolve but I received great service the entire way. Thanks Tesla!
Glad it's fixed!! I guess I'd better get on the chat!

Reactions: rsg123
Call and make sure it’s marked as “delivered” in their system. Nothing was different about the car in terms of driver/user experience other than the COP issue while it was undelivered. In fact I drove around for 18 months in this state.
It’s likely that someone just forgot to click that box before they gave you the car.

Reactions: bigroo42
Just today I did a chat with Tesla (took about 20 mins to start the chat) and right away the agent knew what the solution to my problem was (grayed out cabin overheat protection). They confirmed what others have said here, that the car's state is not correctly marked as delivered. She submitted a ticket and after about 1.5 hours I had an email asking me to confirm that it was working, which it was.

Just today I did a chat with Tesla (took about 20 mins to start the chat) and right away the agent knew what the solution to my problem was (grayed out cabin overheat protection). They confirmed what others have said here, that the car's state is not correctly marked as delivered. She submitted a ticket and after about 1.5 hours I had an email asking me to confirm that it was working, which it was.

I’m glad my long experience getting this addressed is paying off for others. The service center appeared to have never encountered this issue prior to my car. It just cost my instrument cluster to become delaminated (although Tesla denies that’s what caused it).

They confirmed my car was marked delivered..... Said they would look into it.

15 minutes later the feature was working..... My guess? They didn't mark it delivered. When I rang the bell, so to speak, they marked it delivered and therefore the feature was available.

On a similar note, I'm not able to enable the alarm.... I read somewhere that yiu can't enable cabin overheat protection mode and the alarm simultaneously. Makes no sense to me.

Anybody have any idea on the alarm issue? Thanks!

On the first fairway in Gullane Scotland, a Tesla guy calls me up regarding a service appointment to fix the cabin overheat protection. We were waiting on the people ahead and there was no one behind us so the phone call was not a problem. On the second fairway he called me again and I told him that I had tried every kind of reset. On the third fairway I get a text saying that the problem was fixed June 10 (I bought the car June 8) and he was sending an update. Then a notification appeared on my phone saying that an update was available. Selected INSTALL in the app and voila, the problem got fixed. When I got back to California, after verifying that it was fixed, I cancelled the service appointment. Pretty cool...fixing a car in California from a golf course in Scotland.

Reactions: rsg123