Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot enable Cabin Overheat Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F651309F-2DC2-43AD-A2C9-8812DE8E7161.jpeg
Cabin Overheat Protection remains greyed out and I cannot enable it. I disabled security alarm, had 80% battery, tried with and without climate control on, pushed brake while in the menu above, all without success. Am I overlooking something?

I had the same with "Keep Climate On". All greyed out. That was on 2019.8.3. I just received 8.4 and it is working better.

I’m stuck on 2018.50.6 and since I have AP1 I’m not expecting an update any time soon :(
I’ve been meaning to call Tesla support to ask about this issue. I’ll update here if I get a reply. I’d like it to work before the California summer hits as I’d like to save my screen from the delamination issue.

Reactions: JohnnyG
I chatted with 3 reps since call wait was too long. First two reps recommended a power cycle which didn’t work. I was disconnected from the second who seemed really helpful. Third was super condescending and would only tell me to make a service appointment. Surprising that a company that sells $150k vehicles would employ someone like that. /rant
Anyways, I guess I’ll wait for the next software update and see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
So after all those resets yesterday, autopilot is acting weird. In a stretch of divided highway it is limiting me to 5mph over the speed limit. It’s never done that before. Is there some kind of autopilot calibration after a hard reset??

Just as an update: they finally figured out the reason Cabin Overheat Protection was not available. At some point my car was put into transport mode by Tesla to prevent the battery from draining. This made COP unavailable. They are going to disable transport mode OTA for my car in the next 2 weeks.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Fobble and alloverx
So I finally got an update, to 2019.16.1.1, and cabin overheat protection is still not selectable! Super frustrating. I guess I will bring it up at my next service appointment.
I had this update and it caused a few issues and I took it into Tesla and they told me they had disabled it in my car because there were some issues. I'm on .2 now and all is good

They updated mine to .2 while they had it in for service. It still doesn’t have COP selectable. Today my car was 120 degrees when I left from work.

Man that's crazy. New problem I haven't seen before. We use COP all the time and it's been kicking in with our temps down here in the 80s and last few days in the 90s. I understand your concern and frustration. Have you thought about trying to set your A/C temp to a high degree like 104 (like when COP would kick in) and remotely activating the A/C from work? I know there's a timed length for it to run if done by the app but just set an alarm on your phone to remind you to reset. Not sure if this would be all that different from having COP available just not as convenient as the 12-hours that COP will run after leaving your car. You could try fan only settings too but I think given it's Sacramento and probably hotter there than here might want some A/C protection.

I'm not really familiar with Climate Control On but that might be something else to consider and/or Dog Mode if those are even available to your with your software version. Otherwise I think the climate on your phone app might work for you.

I thought about keeping climate on at a high temp, but I believe it only goes up to something like 85 degrees. That would put a serious dent in the battery level if it’s sitting in the mid-summer sun all day. I can check in periodically and run the AC, but it’s difficult to do that regularly at work. I’m hoping their engineers remotely re-enable COP soon.

Just tried it this summer for the first time. But I noticed that the tilt-alarm keeps switching back on, which then disables the overheat protection (do you know why?). I have found no way to keep the overheat protection on permanently. Do you have to switch it back on every time you park the car?
I am on 2019.16.2, I can select the COP, but next time I check back, tilt-alarm is back on which cancels COP (the reason is not clear to me).
How do you keep COP on for good?

View attachment 391790 Cabin Overheat Protection remains greyed out and I cannot enable it. I disabled security alarm, had 80% battery, tried with and without climate control on, pushed brake while in the menu above, all without success. Am I overlooking something?
I have the same issue on my brand new X... running 2019.16.3.2

Mobile service didn’t know the answer, delivery manager didn’t know the answer, said to bring it in if it remains an issue.