Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot figure out how to install Basenor Model 3 Mud Flaps (2022 Model)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought these Basenor Model 3 Mud Flaps from Amazon, but can not figure how how to install them properly.

Per the instruction, a QR code is linked to this installation video. It shows the Mud Flap being placed, then the clip insert and then lastly the push fasteners.

In another video from Basenor Auto it shows that the custom clips are first, then the mud flap and then the push fasteners.

Below is as far as I got and can not push the fasteners in any further. I am starting to believe that the custom clips and push fasteners do not work with the latest 2022 model.

Installing on a LR 2022 Model 3.

IMG_8347.jpg

Last edited:
its unfortunately the luck of the draw. Ive gone through quite a few mudflaps (i have damaged 3 or so and then also wanted to switch from matte to glossy) and only 1 set fit well. Some dont come with these thumbpushclips, some actually just have a standard screw even though i find the clips work better...

Only the most recent set I seem to have trouble inserting them however. They stick out a little bit but its still a secure fit imho. They are very tight.

@Config you can get a tighter fit with some felt tape on the inside of the flaps. i would do that anyway to prevent it from scratching the paint.

Upvote 0