Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot for the life of me decide an exterior/interior combination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cannot decide between 4 exterior/interior combinations for LR AWD

So for the exterior I am torn between white and MSM. My current car is a 2008 gray Nissan Sentra.

White is cheaper, statistically less likely to be in a car accident, might be less safe in snow? looks more sporty, looks super cool in the dark, and easier to clean and hide dirt. And different color from my current car, which can either be a pro or con. Contrasts well with the chrome delete.Everyone has white.

MSM I feel like half the time it looks super dull, and half of the time I am wowed by it. It looks less sporty I guess? More of an elegant vibe. Might be 2nd most popular color.

With the interior, I actually didn’t care for the more futuristic look. So I actually preferred black. However, I keep reading that most people regret getting the black, but don’t regret getting the white? More people seem to like the white.

From what I’ve read, white feels more spacious, more futuristic, easy to clean, keeps cool (although not relevant in Seattle), and lets in more light (might also be a con?).

Black feels more sporty and I like that. Less upkeep (I’m a very messy person and not the type of person who likes to wipe/clean seats). I personally think it looks good with both MSM and white.

So far I guess I’m leaning towards white on black? But I keep going back and forth and have no clue on how to decide :/

Reactions: cartog and GeoG
At first, I was dead set on MSM with black interior. Then I saw the white with black in the showroom and immediately knew I’d prefer that setup on the chrome delete 2021s. so I bought white w/ black interior. Love it. The contrast really makes it pop. I could care less how many people are driving the same color combo, it was more about what I prefer.

I did test drive an MSM with white interior (prior to purchase) and if I had gone with MSM I would probably would have swapped to a white interior. That’s pretty sharp once you see it in person.

At first, I was dead set on MSM with black interior. Then I saw the white with black in the showroom and immediately knew I’d prefer that setup on the chrome delete 2021s. so I bought white w/ black interior. Love it. The contrast really makes it pop. I could care less how many people are driving the same color combo, it was more about what I prefer.

I did test drive an MSM with white interior (prior to purchase) and if I had gone with MSM I would probably would have swapped to a white interior. That’s pretty sharp once you see it in person.
I guess maybe I should go to a showroom again and see what vibes with me. Question: why not white on white if you liked the white interior?

So for the exterior I am torn between white and MSM. My current car is a 2008 gray Nissan Sentra.

White is cheaper, statistically less likely to be in a car accident, might be less safe in snow? looks more sporty, looks super cool in the dark, and easier to clean and hide dirt. And different color from my current car, which can either be a pro or con. Contrasts well with the chrome delete.Everyone has white.

MSM I feel like half the time it looks super dull, and half of the time I am wowed by it. It looks less sporty I guess? More of an elegant vibe. Might be 2nd most popular color.

With the interior, I actually didn’t care for the more futuristic look. So I actually preferred black. However, I keep reading that most people regret getting the black, but don’t regret getting the white? More people seem to like the white.

From what I’ve read, white feels more spacious, more futuristic, easy to clean, keeps cool (although not relevant in Seattle), and lets in more light (might also be a con?).

Black feels more sporty and I like that. Less upkeep (I’m a very messy person and not the type of person who likes to wipe/clean seats). I personally think it looks good with both MSM and white.

So far I guess I’m leaning towards white on black? But I keep going back and forth and have no clue on how to decide :/

Attachments

• MSM - M3SR+.jpg
    MSM - M3SR+.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 1,688
As much as everyone wants to tell you the white seats are maintenance free and easy to clean, they are still white seats and still get dirty. Some people just LOVE the white seats but for me as an OCD person the upkeep would be so annoying. Also the added cost seems a bit much. Zero regrets on the black interior. Exterior color I wanted silver but had to settle for MSM as they obviously don't make silver...

Reactions: Gasaraki and GeoG

A couple of my friends said they wished they had gone with black only because the seats are visible from the outside even with a really dark tint. With the black interior you dont see anything inside with a dark tint. The white seats are definitely easy to clean is what I heard.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
As much as everyone wants to tell you the white seats are maintenance free and easy to clean, they are still white seats and still get dirty. Some people just LOVE the white seats but for me as an OCD person the upkeep would be so annoying. Also the added cost seems a bit much. Zero regrets on the black interior. Exterior color I wanted silver but had to settle for MSM as they obviously don't make silver...
Just read your message. I wanted silver too but settled for MSM. Lol

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I like the white exterior. The black accents really make it stand out. I wanted the white interior also because of heat. My last car had a light interior. Wheat. The wife put the kibosh on the white interior. She said "It would feel like we're riding around in a marshmallow."

No regrets but if I were to do it again I'd probably go blue with the white. A combo that goes together well.