Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot for the life of me decide an exterior/interior combination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t afford that. I love the look of the model 3. I’m just saying which color adds more sportiness to it. But even if none do, which color do most people like?

Here is one more thread on this topic of "what color should I buy" which has multiple pages. between the two of these, there is 12 pages of discussion on the 5 color choices that tesla offers, so there should be plenty of feedback to help you.

]

This is going to sound weird but I really want to order the white TM3 because it just looks sexy from the outside but I dislike looking at the white hood from the inside. I have the opposite issue with MSM, I find it can look dull at times unless you have a fresh paint, but I like that the hood when looking inside blends in more so it’s less distracting.

This is going to sound weird but I really want to order the white TM3 because it just looks sexy from the outside but I dislike looking at the white hood from the inside. I have the opposite issue with MSM, I find it can look dull at times unless you have a fresh paint, but I like that the hood when looking inside blends in more so it’s less distracting.
Get a white car and have just the hood wrapped in matte black. Kind of a retro-musclecar style.

I really wish Tesla had more interesting colors, maybe a malachite or amethyst pearl, maybe a bright metallic orange, bronze or gold. Like buying a Road Runner back in the 60s, when they had something like two dozen colors available.

Hey guys I’m in the same dilemma and could really use some advice.

All I know is I’m definitely getting black interior, my girlfriend has the white interior and it’s not my thing. I like it to be darker.

I like how the white just accentuates the curves of the car. I think for the model 3 the white just looks the best. But, it is so common. And with Hertz buying a ton of M3s, not sure if I want to feel like I’m driving a rental car. But, since it is so beautiful I’m still heavily considering it. I do love the look of white a lot.

I almost equally love MSM. It just looks stealthy and kind of reminds me of a James Bond car color haha. Cons are that sometimes pictures don’t do it justice and it can be dull at times. But it does add to that stealth look, especially since I’ll be getting a LR AWD with the boost down the line.

I like that red is the least common color. I don’t mind being flashy, although it’s not a priority. At times like during overcast weather I feel the red isn’t the right shade. But in the sun? Wow that red is BEAUTIFUL.

Honestly in terms of how it looks in the sun, red and white are my 2 favorites. They really do pop.

All I know is that for me blue is too dark of a shade, and black is a maintenance nightmare. So that’s how I narrowed it down to these 3 colors.

Reactions: markc2
MSM all the way!

F2BEC97C-4CD0-4D5E-A462-90BD3CB09A92.jpeg

12DC35C6-F042-413C-BCC7-E1D979722547.jpeg

Cannot decide between 4 exterior/interior combinations for LR AWD

So for the exterior I am torn between white and MSM. My current car is a 2008 gray Nissan Sentra.

White is cheaper, statistically less likely to be in a car accident, might be less safe in snow? looks more sporty, looks super cool in the dark, and easier to clean and hide dirt. And different color from my current car, which can either be a pro or con. Contrasts well with the chrome delete.Everyone has white.

MSM I feel like half the time it looks super dull, and half of the time I am wowed by it. It looks less sporty I guess? More of an elegant vibe. Might be 2nd most popular color.

With the interior, I actually didn’t care for the more futuristic look. So I actually preferred black. However, I keep reading that most people regret getting the black, but don’t regret getting the white? More people seem to like the white.

From what I’ve read, white feels more spacious, more futuristic, easy to clean, keeps cool (although not relevant in Seattle), and lets in more light (might also be a con?).

Black feels more sporty and I like that. Less upkeep (I’m a very messy person and not the type of person who likes to wipe/clean seats). I personally think it looks good with both MSM and white.

So far I guess I’m leaning towards white on black? But I keep going back and forth and have no clue on how to decide :/
White seats are incredible at least with non-white exterior. Best decision I made!

Here’s the ultimate answer…get a full cover set for $600 and pick any colour you want. Just choose black and cover it.

The quality is incredible and the stiching even better than oem. You wont be able to tell it’s a cover. It’s also the perforated look. Real Nappa leather :)

The red here is actually a darker burgundy red but my iPhone cant render reds properly 🤷🏽‍♂️
(See Last pic for actual colour)

Black/burgundy combo :)
17EF5EF4-D051-4349-A21F-41C4145FE58F.jpeg
4EA0D654-F331-42A6-9F4A-5B27E58EB116.jpeg
7032A50D-BC3C-4B63-8DAE-031D7B67EF22.jpeg
BBECC91C-43A4-41D7-B8DB-992C6DE0DD6D.jpeg
E5B813D1-C77B-4C04-AC19-2F3AED7C79DC.jpeg
2EF4492A-F38A-48E4-A579-E55050DE4EBF.jpeg
0938495C-BCA3-4DF3-B5B3-76424E886D36.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BigNick
Looks nice. Where did you order this red set?

I ordered a custom colour…same price as the standard colours.

What…nobody here likes a black car? I put PPF in forward facing paint as well as foot wells, etc, then ceramic coated the whole thing. I get the ceramic professionally refreshed every 4 - 6 months.

I found a non recycled water drive thru car wash, and signed up for their unlimited plan. I go thru the wash at least once a week. Don’t bother educating me on the “soft” Tesla paint - I’m well aware. But nothing pops like a shiny black car, and there is zero chance I’ll spend the time hand washing, so I choose instead to get the paint protection and keep the car pretty spotless. And it def sparks joy for me every day! 😎

Here’s a photo. I know the bat mobile look is not everybody’s cup of tea, and I was a little concerned about that myself at first. But I’ve grown to love it, and it’s definitely a little different than all the othe M3s out there. I have an hour commute each way, and the bright fishbowl of the M3 cabin is too much for me. Ive always gotten dark tinted Windows not for aesthetics but for eye strain relief. It was my wife’s idea to get the calipers coated red.
Ceramic every 4-6 months? Is that necessary? Let me know if you have any recommendations on a good PPF and/or Ceramic shop in the Bay Area. I am going with Black exterior + White interior on my Model Y :)

So I'm looking at 21/22 Model 3 Performances. I've had black cars for the last 4 years or so and I really like the blue (and they seem less common).

I'm assuming black is harder to keep clean, wondering If I'll get bored of the blue. Anyone go through a similar thought process?

First world problems I know.