Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot for the life of me decide an exterior/interior combination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSM with black interior, no regrets. Like many Tesla colors, the actual color shifts wildly depending on the lighting. Black interior is likely a bit warmer but not much of an issue in Seattle or if you plan to get some tint.
When I registered my car at the DMV, the woman working there literally said to me, “Thank you for not getting white.”

View attachment 720438
I have made my decision. LR AWD MSM Black interior. Thank you guys.

With the interior, I actually didn’t care for the more futuristic look. So I actually preferred black. However, I keep reading that most people regret getting the black, but don’t regret getting the white? More people seem to like the white.

I'm someone who regrets not getting the white interior. I think it looks amazing on any of the colored Tesla's though white on white I wouldn't personally prefer and would get black interior instead.

Okay I changed my mind once more, but made my decision for sure now because I actually looked in real life instead of online. Went into the dealer and saw the MSM (although it had a white interior) and the white (both black and white interior).

The MSM looked good don’t get me wrong, but I fell in love with the contrast with the white color and black door handles. And my gut said white with black.

I also have a gray car (although not as nice as Tesla’s haha) so I decided I wanted to try a new color

Plus saves me $1,000.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshFalken
Wow, that was a roller-coaster of a thread!

Great choice with the white - it's a gorgeous pearl and the most popular color for a reason. Well, two reasons actually. 😜
Plus that gray just looks like an old Nissan Sentra.

Such a shame they did away with the silver - could have saved yourself a few pages of agony.
Screenshot 2021-10-11 201924.png

While I have the OG white interior, it's simply the best feel inside.

Much cooler than the black interior when it's hot. No other car in this price range can you get a pure white interior like this. Usually found on Roll's and Bentley's.

White interior is superior. Black interior is bland. Looks nice, but with white being an option, no consideration from me.

CEeDwvp.jpg

And I just got white exterior being the free color and then got my car wrapped a unique color

Last edited:
Reactions: markc2
Okay I changed my mind once more, but made my decision for sure now because I actually looked in real life instead of online. Went into the dealer and saw the MSM (although it had a white interior) and the white (both black and white interior).

The MSM looked good don’t get me wrong, but I fell in love with the contrast with the white color and black door handles. And my gut said white with black.

I also have a gray car (although not as nice as Tesla’s haha) so I decided I wanted to try a new color

Plus saves me $1,000.
I hope you enjoy it! Don’t register it at the DMV near me 😏😂

Of the two actual colors offered and not just shades of grey, I prefer the red w/ the black trim over blue w/black trim.

Also like the “Stormtrooper” effect of white w/black trim. $2K cheaper than the red.

Black interior, though I would take a medium grey instead of black if it were a choice. And I’d replace the “wood” strip on the dash with CF.

White car white interior. As for upkeep...pretty much zero apart from a wet cloth wipe down once every 2-3 months. After 2 years, they still look brand new. Temperature where you live is also important. I live in Dallas and it gets very hot in Summer. White on white is the best combo for that. I think you stated you are in Seattle so not so important! Nobody can help you regarding colors...its very personal. You are the only one who can decided and feel good about it.

Reactions: Jo060
White car white interior. As for upkeep...pretty much zero apart from a wet cloth wipe down once every 2-3 months. After 2 years, they still look brand new. Temperature where you live is also important. I live in Dallas and it gets very hot in Summer. White on white is the best combo for that. I think you stated you are in Seattle so not so important! Nobody can help you regarding colors...its very personal. You are the only one who can decided and feel good about it.
Yeah interior is the only thing left to decide. I’m perfectly happy with black but everyone seems to dig the white

Yeah interior is the only thing left to decide. I’m perfectly happy with black but everyone seems to dig the white

The white is pretty unique and really adds to the feeling of spaciousness in the cabin. The MY21 with the white door strakes really visually wrap the dash around you, it's like sitting in vs. behind (if that makes sense). It's the upcharge option, so I figure it might even be a little better materials, but really have zero evidence.

If there was a "sport" option (like an upcharge special black), or of the Performance model came with black with carbon fiber details (like the S), that would've been a slightly harder decision for me.

I kind of wanted red, but I also also even more into getting the white interior, and I much prefer the black interior with a red [or blue exterior], and the white with all the neutral colors. So it was kind black I was iffy on vs. white and get a something other than red.

So here I am, 4 months into owning an M3P in MSM and white :)

Since I had these pics on deck (for something else), here's my actual ride's interior:

IMG_7971.jpeg

IMG_7972.jpeg

I am on the fence too. Wife wants Black/black and trying to convince Black with white interior. We are expecting a child and she things white seats look cheap. Compared to the Model 3 new seats they do. Is it possible to get white seat cover with same style of new model S seats? I see many cheap seat covers, none worth purchasing.

Wow, that was a roller-coaster of a thread!

Great choice with the white - it's a gorgeous pearl and the most popular color for a reason. Well, two reasons actually. 😜
Plus that gray just looks like an old Nissan Sentra.

Such a shame they did away with the silver - could have saved yourself a few pages of agony.
View attachment 720473

Agree!!! BTW, she's for sale. DM me if interested.

1.png

Reactions: ss71 and GeoG
Cannot decide between 4 exterior/interior combinations for LR AWD

So for the exterior I am torn between white and MSM. My current car is a 2008 gray Nissan Sentra.

I have a White Model S and decided on Midnight Silver for my Model 3. I've been kicking myself ever since.

For one thing, the darker car shows dirt much more easily than the white. It's hard to get clean and hard to keep clean. Also the MSM doesn't show contrast with its surroundings; photos turn out lousy; the car is the same color as the pavement. Also the chrome delete looks silly on the MSM car, but cool on White. And Pearl White is less expensive.
m3.jpg

I personally prefer the black interior. The white interior seats reminds me of those coffin-shaped hibernation chambers in 2001 A Space Odyssey. And on seats, white shows dirt.

With the interior, I actually didn’t care for the more futuristic look. So I actually preferred black. However, I keep reading that most people regret getting the black, but don’t regret getting the white? More people seem to like the white.
I went for black interior because I know I wont be able to keep up with keeping the white pristine .. and I felt black would be easier to sell later for the same reason. A number of people here have said that the white stays white for them, but I suspect they also polish their cars once a week come rain or shine.

A number of people here have said that the white stays white for them, but I suspect they also polish their cars once a week come rain or shine.

There's also quite a few factors, like kids (and their age) and activities (like picking up a gaggle of kids from soccer), carpooling, pets that regularly ride in the car, mileage/daily use, environment (snow, etc.)

I knew our use-case would nicely accomodate a white interior, and without any kind of excessive care. I don't want to put bad mojo on myself, but I'd suspect our interior will stay pretty pristine.

There's also quite a few factors, like kids (and their age) and activities (like picking up a gaggle of kids from soccer), carpooling, pets that regularly ride in the car, mileage/daily use, environment (snow, etc.)

I knew our use-case would nicely accomodate a white interior, and without any kind of excessive care. I don't want to put bad mojo on myself, but I'd suspect our interior will stay pretty pristine.
What about eating? I love eating fast food in the car and soda and stuff