Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot invite driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

New Model Y owner. I am trying to invite my wife to be a driver using the app. When she clicks on the link I send her she gets this error message. Any ideas?

She created the Tesla account some months ago but has tried logging out / logging back in / setup of MFA - nothing works

Even tried deleting the Tesla account and it won’t let us with multiple reasons stated which are all not true.

Thanks

B0745867-DCED-4F62-8D7D-8203C7BC8ADB.png

I found another solution in case someone has a similar problem. Use the Tesla app of the primary driver, to text the invite code to the person you are trying to link the car to. Then try the link, if opens on your device and shows "Open in Tesla app" at the top, it's a device specific problem, not an issue with the app. Then log out of your Tesla app, on your phone, and have the other person log into your phone with THEIR login and password and try the link again. Then it associates with the account that is currently logged in. That's what worked for me when I had the exact same problem. iPhones sometimes don't respond to those links and then they "do nothing."
Brilliant - thank you. This worked a treat

Upvote 0