Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot log into the powerwall app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming you're talking about the Tesla app. I'm having the same problem. Are you running the old or new version of the Tesla app?

I would normally make that same assumption, however this member is also one that has 2 tesla vehicles, so I didnt think they would call the "tesla app", the "powerwall app". Perhaps I am mistaken about that, though.

The tesla app is working for me this morning to report on my powerwall status.

Yes, sorry it is the Tesla App not sure what version where would I find that.

Oh, hmm.. I am not having any issues with the tesla app at this time, here. Usually re logging back in or deleting the app and re installing it will correct any app issues that are on your side (vs tesla's).

I just went out to the store a few minutes ago (working from home today) and didnt have any issues with the tesla app then, or right now (12:35 pst) when I just checked.

To check version, you would tap your profile in the upper right corner, and scroll down to the bottom of the screen. With that being said, if you are on an old version of the tesla app, (old enough for this to matter in the way @Flick75 is likely referencing), you are either using an old device that doesnt support the new version of the app, or are purposefully not updating it.

I see someone else in the software subforum says their old version of the tesla app is not working. If you are using the tesla app on an old device that is unable to update (or did not update for some other reason) that is likely the reason.

Reactions: Flick75
Oh, hmm.. I am not having any issues with the tesla app at this time, here. Usually re logging back in or deleting the app and re installing it will correct any app issues that are on your side (vs tesla's).

I just went out to the store a few minutes ago (working from home today) and didnt have any issues with the tesla app then, or right now (12:35 pst) when I just checked.

To check version, you would tap your profile in the upper right corner, and scroll down to the bottom of the screen. With that being said, if you are on an old version of the tesla app, (old enough for this to matter in the way @Flick75 is likely referencing), you are either using an old device that doesnt support the new version of the app, or are purposefully not updating it.
I deleted The app and reinstalled it and cannot seem to get it to work, it keeps telling me the password failed even though I changed it.

I see someone else in the software subforum says their old version of the tesla app is not working. If you are using the tesla app on an old device that is unable to update (or did not update for some other reason) that is likely the reason.

Yeah I just responded to that post before seeing you referenced it here.

Reactions: jjrandorin
My v3 app on phone wanted me to log in. Would not take password. Asked to reset.

I was on phone with tesla and was told that v3 is no longer supported and I was FORCED to have to go with v4. So, I did the password reset from the email, the same as what I had, updated to v4 on the phone and it works, but no balanced. She told me lots of folks are upset balanced is gone. I told her sometimes KISS is better, I do not want to mess with stuff.

Right now it is now charging my batteries, which are at 40%. So, with new learning, and little solar because of rain, guess will see what it does