Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot login to YouTube using Tesla Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just added the Premium Connectivity package to my Tesla account and was checking out the various entertainment applications. I was able to login to all of them except YouTube. For the YouTube login it opened the browser to enter my credentials, but when I attempt to login it tells me "This browser or app may not be secure. Learn More (link). Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

I tried multiple times and got the same results. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the link to that thread. The suggestion that worked for many was to login to plex.tv using their google account, then YouTube would automatically be logged in. I tried that and was able o login to plex.tv using my google account, but YouTube was not logged in. Some others stated that they had to open a support ticket with Tesla to get a hot fixed pushed that fixes some security files. I dunno, seems like a lot of work just ot be able to login to YouTube.

Thanks for the link to that thread. The suggestion that worked for many was to login to plex.tv using their google account, then YouTube would automatically be logged in. I tried that and was able o login to plex.tv using my google account, but YouTube was not logged in. Some others stated that they had to open a support ticket with Tesla to get a hot fixed pushed that fixes some security files. I dunno, seems like a lot of work just ot be able to login to YouTube.

I too had troubles but eventually the link above got it to work. You can always contact Tesla and wait for that to happen.

Yeah, I did exactly that same process in the video and when I reopened YouTube, after logging in to plex with my google account, there was still a "Sign In" button in the upper right. I guess I will call Tesla and see if they have an alternate fix.

Yeah, I did exactly that same process in the video and when I reopened YouTube, after logging in to plex with my google account, there was still a "Sign In" button in the upper right. I guess I will call Tesla and see if they have an alternate fix.

Did the exact same. Just got my car on the 5th. I am also getting the "not connected" after leaving my home wifi, won't start spotify for about ten mins or so.

I did not reboot and I am on wifi. I just tried it again and this time after logging in to plex, I then redirected the browser to youtube.com and the web version was logged in with my google account. I then opened the YouTube app and it was also logged in. Not sure why going to the youtube web site resolved the issue, but that's what seemed to work for me.

Good luck! I'm not sure if that is a winning recipe but it did work for me!

It worked. Went to plex even though I didn't have an account signed up new and chose google login. Then I stayed on the page and entered youtube in the address bar which logged me in to youtube through the browser. I then went back to the youtube in car app, the screen went black for a few seconds and then loaded with me already signed in, woo hoo!

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Reactions: TX_M3P+
I just added the Premium Connectivity package to my Tesla account and was checking out the various entertainment applications. I was able to login to all of them except YouTube. For the YouTube login it opened the browser to enter my credentials, but when I attempt to login it tells me "This browser or app may not be secure. Learn More (link). Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

I tried multiple times and got the same results. Anyone else have this problem?

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem, I am based now in Portugal, but I have heard that someone could get into YouTube by going through a created Plex TV account. I am trying to find the solution he proposed, but for the time being I am as stuck as you are. KR,

I too had troubles but eventually the link above got it to work. You can always contact Tesla and wait for that to happen.

Thank you. However, how do you raise a ticket with Tesla when you are based in Portugal (we do not have access to the online support that is available in the US, we just have a phone number where you have to go through a lot of "bot-choices" and be lucky or not to have someone on the other end of the line, but then no follow-up is secured since I would not know what incident ticket, if any, was given to my issue.

Thank you. However, how do you raise a ticket with Tesla when you are based in Portugal (we do not have access to the online support that is available in the US, we just have a phone number where you have to go through a lot of "bot-choices" and be lucky or not to have someone on the other end of the line, but then no follow-up is secured since I would not know what incident ticket, if any, was given to my issue.

Sounds like your best bet is to email them. Which I believe is [email protected]

Also try calling your local Tesla center.

You’ve tried everything on this page?
Customer Support

Is there a supported way to log in to YouTube only, without logging into your Google account generally? I would really prefer not to give everyone with access to the car access to my Gmail account as well.

Meh you’ll be fine. That phone in your pocket is already letting any govt or company access everything they want. You’re literally carrying around a supercomputer spy in your pocket

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt and Mr X
Meh you’ll be fine. That phone in your pocket is already letting any govt or company access everything they want. You’re literally carrying around a supercomputer spy in your pocket

I don't see how that's the least bit relevant to my question.

My employer already has full access to my phone and accounts, and I'm not the least bit concerned about the government accessing it either. I have literally zero problem with that. I do, like most people, take steps to prevent my accounts from being accessible to others.

I would like to prevent random people with access to my car from accessing my Gmail account, which is also the recovery account for nearly every account I have with any other service. I can sign in to YouTube on my TV without giving access to my Gmail account to everyone in my living room, and it'd be nice to do the same with my car.

I don't see how that's the least bit relevant to my question.

My employer already has full access to my phone and accounts, and I'm not the least bit concerned about the government accessing it either. I have literally zero problem with that. I do, like most people, take steps to prevent my accounts from being accessible to others.

I would like to prevent random people with access to my car from accessing my Gmail account, which is also the recovery account for nearly every account I have with any other service. I can sign in to YouTube on my TV without giving access to my Gmail account to everyone in my living room, and it'd be nice to do the same with my car.

Okay so somewhat taking you seriously this time... how do “they/everyone” have access to your Gmail via the car? Who owns YouTube?...Google! I don’t understand who you’re trying to hide things from. If you turn on 2FA then I doubt someone would be able to use the browser to go to gmail and click your account to get in. Who is using the car without you or your significant other who would probably stop whomever it is you’re worried about.

In my opinion, you’re over reacting to a problem that isn’t really there since you’re not worried about a gov’t or company accessing your stuff. But if you’re still worried then maybe a fully connected car like a Tesla isn’t the right choice for you in the end.

Tweet Elon, as that’s the only way this will be fixed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte
Okay so somewhat taking you seriously this time... how do “they/everyone” have access to your Gmail via the car? Who owns YouTube?...Google! I don’t understand who you’re trying to hide things from. If you turn on 2FA then I doubt someone would be able to use the browser to go to gmail and click your account to get in. Who is using the car without you or your significant other who would probably stop whomever it is you’re worried about.

In my opinion, you’re over reacting to a problem that isn’t really there since you’re not worried about a gov’t or company accessing your stuff. But if you’re still worried then maybe a fully connected car like a Tesla isn’t the right choice for you in the end.

Tweet Elon, as that’s the only way this will be fixed.

I work at Google, been there 13 years as an engineer and Eng Mgr, and I have a very good understanding of how SSO works. I'm not an idiot. I'm not trying to protect my stuff from the government, Google, Tesla, Elon, or anyone else that has a million other ways to try and get that info. I just don't want people I leave unattended in the car to have access. Not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp.

Actually, yes, that's exactly the way it works in the Tesla. If I sign into YouTube, then anyone in the car can use the browser to go to my Gmail as well. And yes, I use two factor. Sometimes I leave people unattended in the car. I don't want them to have access to my Gmail. I don't want to constantly log in and out, just to use YouTube.