TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cannot Remote Start HVAC (Turns off after 10 seconds)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Snowstorm, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

I experienced this same problem over the last 2 mornings and want to see if anyone else have seen it, and what the solution may be to solve it.

I always start my heater about 15 minute before driving off in the morning using the app. In the past 2 days, I noticed that the HVAC would turn on, but would turn itself off after 10 seconds. I tried it for like 5 times and same results. The car has good connectivity and remote honk works. I then go to the car, unlock it, and then turn it of from the console with (stay on) and it is just fine.

Model S 100D 2017.50.3

Yesterday morning: Not plugged in 68% battery (HVAC turned off after 10s)
    Yesterday afternoon: Plugged in 80% battery (HVAC stayed on)
    Today morning: Not plugged in 47% battery (HVAC turned off after 10s)

I rebooted the console when I got to work, will see if it is still a problem later.

2. Red_DS

Red_DS Member

Yep. We noticed the same issue this morning. Tried from both my wife’s and my phone with no luck. Not sure if it’s not sending the climate start command at all or if it’s sending it and turning itself off after few seconds.

3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

It worked fine this evening returning from the office. Charge level 80% connected to the charger. Will check tomorrow AM, when it is not connected.

4. Stiction

Stiction Member

I'm confused. The app has always shown this 'going on' and then 'going back off' for me in 10s
    But it's not real. If you just come back in a bit it's really on.

There was a posting about this a while back..something to do with how the app polls the servers.

FYI...

5. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Did you verify that it indeed turned off?

The app could just be lying to you.

6. Red_DS

Red_DS Member

Haha same here. I was able to preheat without issues this evening. Maybe there was a temporary issue with the app?

7. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

Working well this morning, able to remote start heater from app and it stayed on.

Not plugged in, 67% charge level.

Maybe it was a temp glitch, or the reboot fixed it.

8. Red_DS

Red_DS Member

Issue is back for me this evening. Of note, I’m still on the last SW update of 2017 in the car