Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot Sign Into YouTube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So took delivery of MY P yesterday. Just went to sign into YouTube in the car and get this error about the browser not being secure??

Not sure what else to try here....

IMG_5011.jpg

@Marcust99 FYI there are several threads about this you may want to review, such as:

Reactions: Marcust99
@Marcust99 FYI there are several threads about this you may want to review, such as:

Thanks. Admittedly I should've poked around before posting. My bad.

@Marcust99 no worries, we've all had our moments. :)
I had the same issue.. I actually looked on youtube first and the only solution that worked for my build was this one.. It appears that it varies from car to car which solution works and which one doesn't.. I tried several of the suggested solutions on youtube and none worked.. I ended up using the solution below

Reactions: labmixz
I had the same issue.. I actually looked on youtube first and the only solution that worked for my build was this one.. It appears that it varies from car to car which solution works and which one doesn't.. I tried several of the suggested solutions on youtube and none worked.. I ended up using the solution below

^ this is what worked for me as well, tried several other methods.

In addition to using ABetterTheater.com to solve this problem (see my previous post), I found another solution. While sitting in the car, open YouTube on your phone (be sure you are signed into your account) and then select a video and click on "Share" beneath the video. Select the Tesla app and the video will open automatically on the Tesla screen (assuming you are in park). I did this once and now every time I open YouTube in the car, i see that I am signed into my YouTube account - I no longer need to share the video from my phone.

Update: I'm running a 2018 M3 with HW2.5 2021.12.25.7 and I can now login to Google and YouTube by just signing in. I had 2 factor auth on and after I typed in my password my phone auth screen popped up saying there was a login from a device called something GNU.... finally it's back up up after 3 months because I went into service and the shop must had reset when it's in repair mode.