Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canoo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty cool design. Looks like it would be great for many day to day functions.
Can skip to 11.40 if just want quick run-down of features.

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what I expected/wanted from the cybertruck. I'd buy one right now but after Nikola and Atlis I'm not sure what they will need to do to make me feel sure they were legit. Rivian bed is a joke for anyone wanting a real truck. I had a Ridgeline for 4 years and know the pitfalls of small beds. I'll reconsider the cybertruck if they add a drop wall between the bed and rear seats.

Reactions: gene
techcrunch said:
Canoo’s electric microbus will start under $35,000 when it comes to market next year
I don't believe it, but that is what the article says.

No dashboard display? No automation? Maybe they should hookup with mobileye?
I currently own two minivans. Love the concept. Someday I'll own an electric minivan.

I like the features of the Canoo truck like the fold out tables and the extendable bed.

The minivan setup is weird because I don't remember seeing a configuration where the seats are more forward allowing storage in the back.

Interesting that canoo doesn't seem to be slowing down. the sedan version is coming along fairly quickly. It seems their skateboard design is very flexible.

Canoo's upcoming electric 'sport vehicle' spotted in California
Well that's the whole conceit of Canoo, the platform is completely independent, you could conceivably drive JUST the platform, all these styles are essentially just different shells.

That said, I don't necessarily see the point of a sedan model to their lineup, I guess maybe as a taxi/uber vehicle? Or I guess you just have to have a sedan to round out the lineup, but it doesn't really seem offer the benefit of filling a niche that their other "models" do.

Well that's the whole conceit of Canoo, the platform is completely independent, you could conceivably drive JUST the platform, all these styles are essentially just different shells.

That said, I don't necessarily see the point of a sedan model to their lineup, I guess maybe as a taxi/uber vehicle? Or I guess you just have to have a sedan to round out the lineup, but it doesn't really seem offer the benefit of filling a niche that their other "models" do.
The only truly niche vehicle is the van and delivery van. The electric pickup space have a fair amount of contenders including ford, tesla, rivian and others. Canoo can simply and easily round out it's line up and attract more customers.

The canoo pickup will be quite a bit cheaper (I assume) and smaller than any of the other pickup offerings, its more comparable to the compact pickup of the 80s and 90s, so it wouldn't just be filling a niche for EV pickups but for pickups in general, since the compact pickup market is largely absent in US market (Ford's Maverick unveiling aside).

• Informative
Reactions: ljbad4life
The canoo pickup will be quite a bit cheaper (I assume) and smaller than any of the other pickup offerings, its more comparable to the compact pickup of the 80s and 90s, so it wouldn't just be filling a niche for EV pickups but for pickups in general, since the compact pickup market is largely absent in US market (Ford's Maverick unveiling aside).

Canoo says their pickup will have the footprint of a mid-size truck.

The Canoo van has a price of $34,750 to $49,950

The Maverick has as starting price of $19,995 plus a $1,495 destination charge. About $35k if you get all the most expensive options. Which includes the non-hybrid 2.0 Ecoboost engine.

I can't imagine the Canoo pickup at a starting price below $31k. A Ford Ranger starts at $24,820 plus $1,195 destination charge. Hyundai Santa Cruz starts at $24,990 with an $1,185 destination charge.

The post I was replying to was noting how crowded the electric pickup space was going to become, I guess I should have been clearer but I was noting the Canoo would be cheaper than the EV pickup alternatives, wasn't trying to say it'd be cheaper than every/any pickup on the market. As to its footprint, its noted at 78" wide and 184" long, which makes it wider but shorter than the Maverick and just a bit longer than the Nissan hardbodies of the 80s and 90s (generally 175-180" for the standard sizes, though up to 190-200" for the large cabs). I suspect they were saying something more along the lines of their truck will have the capacity of a mid-size truck in a compact footprint, due to the cabin over the front design.