Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't activate Navigate on Autopilot on Version 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally decided to let go of my version 8 and upgrade to 9, I am overall pleased but I cant use the Navigate on Autopilot function because it tells me my maps are out of date. It says "Connect to Wifi and download latest maps" well, I am always on Wifi at home and there is no way to just download new maps manually.. I have the latest version 2019.8.3 with Sentry mode and Dog mode.

Anyone else have this issue?

I finally decided to let go of my version 8 and upgrade to 9, I am overall pleased but I cant use the Navigate on Autopilot function because it tells me my maps are out of date. It says "Connect to Wifi and download latest maps" well, I am always on Wifi at home and there is no way to just download new maps manually.. I have the latest version 2019.8.3 with Sentry mode and Dog mode.

Anyone else have this issue?
Yes. In my case the map data didn't load correctly. I contacted my local service center who checked my MS logs and noted the incomplete map download. Ultimately, a mobile service tech had to download the updated maps via his laptop.