Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't answer incoming call from Tesla display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Samsung phone has some Contacts with multiple phone numbers.
One of the phone numbers is designated as Default. On the phone the contacts list displays that number and, of course, dials it by default.
All good so far however...
Tesla's contacts list which was downloaded from the phone, displays one of the other (non-default) numbers and, much worse, an incoming call from that contact does not present the answer/decline pop-up card and I cannot find a way to answer the call from the car.
Once I answer the call directly from the phone (a pain in the ass when the phone is in my pocket) the rest of the call utilizes the car's audio.
I cannot, if I recall correctly, hang up the call from the car.
Splitting the multiple numbers into multiple contacts with one number each solved the problem but what a pain! And not the preferred solution.

I don't have a fix, but I logged on to post a very similar issue and saw your thread. I am not sure my issues are linked to the multiple numbers for 1 contact, but I sometimes am unable to answer a call (I say sometimes because it has worked before and not worked other times) from the Tesla screen and have to accept from the phone. I too have a Samsung, Note 10+.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I've dialed someone or answered a call, that the call audio is not routed through the car. I believe people can hear me, but I can't hear them. I don't get a dialing tone. The only way I've found to get it to work is to put the call on speaker phone. My 2016 Hyundai Sonata before this (and the 2014 and 2011 before that) never had a single issue with accepting bluetooth calls, yet my Model Y seems to have about a 50% success rate. I probably need to do some more testing about what triggers some calls to work and others not to in order to see if I can discern a pattern to my issues, as you have.

Sorry I don't have any potential solutions. Just wanted to let you know that as a fellow Samsung user, I too have had issues with my Model Y and phone calls. That said, I have had zero issues with my phone and car otherwise. I have not had a single issue using my phone as an audio source to play music or audiobooks nor have I had any issues with my phone as my key. It seems to only be sending/receiving phone calls that cause issues.

I too have a Note 10+ and recently (after 2020.20.12 update) inbound calls don't work. Cannot hear the other person. Have to put phone on speaker to hear the caller. All other Bluetooth functions work through the vehicle. This is a 2020 Model 3 AWD.